"It appears you have no Reaktor instruments installed"

Alexandra
Alexandra Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I have just installed Reaktor 6 Player. When I open it within Cubase Artist 12, or standalone, it says "It appears you have no Reaktor instruments installed".

I tried reinstalling Reaktor with Native Access. Followed their instructions for the paths in preferences. But still nothing. I looked on my PC for CARBON2 which is one of the free instruments it comes with, but the only file with that name is an image file - a little thumbnail of the instrument.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited December 2022

Cubase works with vst 3 only. In the moment there is no vst 3 on Reaktor.

Reaktor don't work with win 11 – your OS.

In the early 2023 NI plan some updates for FM8, Massive and Reaktor 6.

• Alexandra

Thanks very much, Paule. I will wait for the updates.

Alexandra.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited December 2022

@Alexandra No need to wait for the update. You need to install the Reaktor Factory Selection and all other Reaktor synths you own, they should show up in Native Access.

• Jeremy_NI

@Paule Cubase still supports vst2. Soon, it won't be the case but they are still supported, also the issue reported here has nothing to do with that. A lot of Windows 11 use Reaktor 6 without a problem, even if it's not officially supported. Please double check the information before answering posts as it can be misleading, please be more careful in the future, I see a lot of posts lately where your answers create more confusion than help.

• Alexandra

Hi Jeremy - thanks very much. When I open Native Access, it has Reaktor 6 Player, but it doesn't say Reaktor Factory Selection anywhere. Do I need to download that separately?

The "not installed" is Controller Editor, and the "available updates" is Creator Tools.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Alexandra Try and get Komplete Start, it's free: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/

You should then get the Reaktor Factory Selection.

• Alexandra

That fixed it - thank you very much for your help😊