Traktor Pro 3.7 bug - DPI scaling broken further

I've been using Traktor Pro on Windows 10 with the High DPi scaling in override mode. Windows allows setting the override to the Application deciding how to scale. So far this has worked as a work around. To be clear it reverts Traktor to scale at 100% while my Windows can still be at 125%. This option no longer works with the 3.7 update and as a result Traktor is big and blurry again.

The only way to work around now is to set the Windows desktop to 100% which is a terrible thing to do for high resolution screens.i understand high DPi is on the roadmap but this isn't about scaling well it's just about scaling to default and disregarding OS scaling which was working with all previous versions.

I've also put in a ticket yesterday.

Comments

• ST_DJ
    ST_DJ Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi DJM,

I also have the same problem as you with an acer computer, at the moment I found a temporary solution to get around the problem. Have you solved it in any way?

• DJM (Sagar)
    DJM (Sagar) Member Posts: 45 Helper

Hi @ST_DJ. Unfortunately,no. The ticket is still open and the bug is sitting with Traktor Devs.

• Echo
    Echo Member Posts: 3 Member

What is your temporary solution? I'm reverting to Traktor pro 3.5 for now (I skipped 3.6 anticipating problems…)

• DJM (Sagar)

Hi @Echo, on W10 hit right click on the desktop > Display Settings > go back to 100% scaling. Then open Traktor. It's fine to do it after opening but better before.

• Chris Grella
    Chris Grella Member Posts: 1 Member

Yup, me too. Using Windows 10 Home 21H2 with 125% scaling in Application Override mode, worked until upgrading to TP 3.7. Now I've had to revert to 100% scaling to get Traktor to display correctly. (I also tried every other scaling override setting and nothing worked.) Would love to see this fixed.

• ST_DJ
    edited December 2022

@DJM (Sagar)

@Chris Grella

Hi guys

I don't know if it helps but I have created a script, based on a program found on github, that changes, with one click, the DPI scale without having to go through the Windows settings each time.  I am attaching a video that shows how it works , if you are interested please write to me.

Unfortunately the language on my system is set to Italian, but it should still be understandable.

Creating a shortcut is necessary to be able to run the two silly scripts directly from the Desktop.

However I am upgrading my Windows 11 system to version 22H2 to see if the override is now forced, although it remains a problem with the Traktor.exe application.

The video can be downloaded from the following link : https://we.tl/t-lkA2nhffsC

• ST_DJ
    edited December 2022

I supplemented this by running Traktor.

It should work.

Note that this is a temporary solution, not a permanent one, until the developers fix the problem.

If you are interested please contact me, I will send you the necessary files and a guide in English.

New video link : https://we.tl/t-GQOBpjToYB

PS: I upgraded Windows to version 22H2, but nothing changed as expected.

• Echo
  • ST_DJ

Yes it can be a solution, but it is cumbersome.

The script I made only integrates to traktor and changes the dpi only when the program is running (100DPI) after which it resets to the value of 125. See the video attached as a link to my previous post

• nullform
    nullform Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm install new Win 11 Pro and Traktor Pro 3.7 via Native Access. And now have the same problem. Can I downgrade Traktor Pro to 3.5?

• DJM (Sagar)

Hi all. Sadly, the NI Traktor team have closed my ticket saying there is nothing they can do and marked it as a Windows problem. This is highly frustrating because it's not a Windows problem. This bug is a Traktor bug since everyone has confirmed it works in versions before 3.7.

• Echo

There's Traktor Pro 3.8 out now, if anyone has the patience to test. The changelog in native access doesn't mention anything about UI scaling however.

• VityaT
    VityaT Member Posts: 27 Member

Just tested. Nothing changes unfortunately