assign CC or automation to button of STRADIVARI VIOLIN

DukeS
DukeS Member Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2022 in Scripting Workshop

hi all

Currently it is not possible to assign the CON SORDINO button to a CC or automation parameter.

So I wonder if I could deep-dive into the instrument and make the button available to automation or assign a CC directly. Is there any tutorial on this ?

It seems that is just triggers the EQ on/off. So I need a way to assign a CC to the BYPASS function of the EQ2:

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

$ENGINE_PAR_EFFECT_BYPASS

https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/ksp-manual/en/engine-parameters

I guess thats what you want. Good luck!

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

btw, I may be wrong, but I don't think you can automate those parameters

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

You can do it but it's a fiddle. And you'll need 2 cc#s to control it.

Modulate the EQ with 2 new modulators: External Sources/constant, one each to modulate Gain 1 and Gain 2. Invert the 2nd one (to reduce the Gain). Automate each intensity slider with a separate cc#.

Adjust each intensity slider with your cc controller, while holding on a note, so that the little yellow light in each Gain knob is exactly at 12 o'clock (Gain will then be zero). Make a note of the 2 cc values needed to achieve this.

Setting the 2 ccs to the values you have noted will reduce the 2 Gains to 0, effectively disabling the EQ. Setting them to 0 will give you back the muted sound.

Told you it was a fiddle.

A second and possibly better alternative: get a decent instrument that has proper sordini samples instead of messing with EQ.