Where is the white noise static coming from?

merely mikey
merely mikey Member Posts: 17 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Fresh install, different project paths, excellent hardware, 48k for windows 10

Different instruments have static that plays at random intervals and gets rendered with my track. I have search far and wide and found nothing.

Only thing fishy I did was change application install path.

Pls send help because right now my purchase of kontakt 7 is null because no matter what, whenever I use this plugin, this static rains on my parade.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Closing this thread, as you already had posted here: White noise static Please avoid posting multiple times for the same issue.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod

Hello,

are you sure it comes from kontakt, it could be the case, that you have other plugins installed but not activated. Some plugin companies play a noise from time to time if that's the case, native does definitely not. So check the whole chain.

• merely mikey

I have had no problems with static noise for a couple weeks since i last installed a plugin, and with kontakt 7 it happens almost every time an instruments makes a sound. Maybe it's incompatible with another plugin I have?

I am sure it comes from Kontakt because I've never heard this specific noise until I ran kontakt the first time. Different paths, only 1 plugin, restart, driver install, nothing.

• merely mikey

i9-1100k, 3060ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, $300 water cooler, decent motherboard.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod
    edited December 2022

Have you tried kontakt stand alone and with different libraries/instruments. Also try 44.1 KHz instead. Open native access and check that everything is ok, so no demo library there. What DAW do you use? Maybe you can record a sniped of that noise and upload it.

• merely mikey

https://clipchamp.com/watch/EOewiPPDnGx the audio directly inside/from kontakt player is fuzz. of the 2 instruments playing only one's eq is showing unwanted distortion.

• merely mikey

as you can see in the top of FL my cpu usage is 8%

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited December 2022

And if you use Kontakt standalone, not in FL? Is it there?

It is not CPU, it would sound differentely. And probably not audiointerface as it is already in DAW in digital form.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Closing this thread, as you already had posted here: White noise static Please avoid posting multiple times for the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.