Playing with traktor kontrol and monitors with a pre-amp

Jukke
Jukke Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi! My current monitor setup is 2 KRK rokit 5 monitors plugged into Rode AL-1 thats plugged into my pc via usb. I can't get any audio out when playing with traktor pro 3. All the audio comes from traktor kontrol headphones even if I have cue off. Is it even possible to play on this setup, or should I have my monitors plugged into traktor kontrol? Or can I plug Rode into traktor kontrol usb outlet? I tried that, but didn't work, maybe missed something?

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

You should use only traktor kontrol and connect the monitors there. Also check the audio settings that master is send to 1/2 or mastery and headphones to 3/4 or headphones out. I'm not totally sure about the naming but you can try, ohh and use ASIO under audio device setup.

• Jukke
    Answer ✓

Yes I did that a few times but that didn't help. But good news, I did ... something, and it started working! :D

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

You should use only traktor kontrol and connect the monitors there. Also check the audio settings that master is send to 1/2 or mastery and headphones to 3/4 or headphones out. I'm not totally sure about the naming but you can try, ohh and use ASIO under audio device setup.

• Jukke

With ASIO I can get master audio out with this setup! Only then it wont find my headphones that are connected to the traktor kontrol :(

• Uwe303

What exact model of traktor kontrol do you use?

• Jukke

Traktor Kontrol s2 mk3!

• Uwe303

Have you tried the setup wizard, you open the preferences and on the bottom there must be the wizard button. Press it and go on like described in the manual: 1. On the WELCOME page click Next to proceed.

2. On the DECK LAYOUT page select the Deck setup to control with your S2, for example, 2

Track Decks + 2 Remix Decks.

3. Click Next to proceed.

The SUMMARY page shows you the configuration of TRAKTOR.

4. Click Finish to confirm your configuration.

The TRAKTOR window now appears in the Essential Layout.

• Jukke
    Answer ✓

Yes I did that a few times but that didn't help. But good news, I did ... something, and it started working! :D