ONE SHOT SAMPLE KONTAKT toggle mode possible ?

Vercom
Vercom Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2022 in Scripting Workshop

How can I launch a one shot sample with one key and stop the same sample with the same key ?

(I can do this in in free tx16w sampler software but would like to use Kontakt in the future)

In tx16w it is set by setting group start mode to 'toggle'

Tagged:

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Sorry, wrong link, although that should be helpful also.

OneShot in the wave editor has 5 options. (Until Release) etc.

That manual sure works good when you try to read it.

• Vercom
    Vercom Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello, I did read the manual.

I can’t figure out how to stop the oneshot sample from playing after pressing the same key.

for example I have an intro sample which I want to stop when the rest of the band fills in. The length of the intro is not always the same, so I need to stop the sample .

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I meant to say 'Loop Mode in the wave editor' in previous post, but that isn't your solution.

Maybe there is a way within Kontakt that I'm not aware of, but my only thought is an 'IF/ELSE STATEMENT' that would instruct the note on and note off behaviour.

And now I need to shut up and let someone more qualified reply 😚

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro
    edited December 2022

If it's the only group in the instrument, you can set the voice limit to 1, then map a sample of silence to another key. If it must be the same key, a simple script could change alternate notes to your silent sample.

Or if you're not using velocity to control volume or whatever, (or even if you are), you could map your sound sample and the silence sample to the same note, but at different velocities, so e.g. you play the key softly for the sound, and bang it harder for the silence.

Alternatively there is a factory script called midi-latch you could study (I am not familiar with it)

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

If I understand what you said, you want to use the MIDI Latch factory script.