Silicon Support Update

stumax
stumax Member Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Hi All,

Not long ago KK and Machine were updated with native silicon support, as I'm sure most of you are aware.

Is it just me or has this made most patches now unusable, for both NI products and Arturia ?

I'm seeing this error message for both NI products and 3rd party in Maschine and KK au plugins -

'*synthname* could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration. Please contact the plugin manufacturer for more information.'

This is despite a recent update to Arturia products that contained native silicon support...

Maybe it's just me, I'd like to understand if others are facing this issue, I gave stopped using rosetta mode recently because it seems like most of what I need is still available as au anyway. I'm aware the use Rosetta mode workaround exists ..

Thanks,

Stu

Tagged:

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

It just means the plugins don't support migration from the VST2 to VST3 versions yet. Arturia products do support Apple Silicon but the NKS presets were made with the VST2 versions and won't load in the VST3 versions without an update from Arturia (or for now use Rosetta to load the VST2's still).

• stumax
    stumax Member Posts: 9 Member

Thanks @Kymeia , although this is not limited to Arturia products, I can also replicate this with Polyplex from NI for example.

Also , I'm using the au version rather than vst . Not sure if that makes a difference.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Polyplex needs Reaktor which isn't yet Silicon Native so same issue applies

• hubi
    hubi Member Posts: 4 Member

Hey!

I allow myself to highjack this conversation in case some newbies like me land here when searching for a solution to this error (like happened to me, a newbie as well).

Short summary: Some products are not natively compatible with m1 macs. Most of them however can be used via rosetta emulation. Here is a link to a list of (in)compatibilities, and here is a link that shows how to start programs on mac via rosetta.

Cheers!