Load new track that needs analysing - auto gain value not set correctly

mykejb
mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,178 mod

Noticed this tonight - If you load a new track that hasn't been analysed previously Traktor auto analyses it ok and sets the beat markers etc but doesn't seem to set the auto-gain value correctly. For example, if a track is analysed then shows an auto-gain value of -3db in the browser that's not reflected in the mixed settings unless you load the track again. Really that value should be set once the track is analysed.

-- Mike

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,348 Expert

It's probably done so the gain does not suddenly jump while playing.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro

Maybe I am understanding what you are saying incorrectly?

But you always have to load a track twice for autogain to be set. This is in the manual and a normal function of Traktor.

If it bothers you I would suggest trying some practice mixes without Autogain. I still use it, but I seem to do ok without and my girlfriend that mixes, never loads twice and has dynamic but pleasing mixes. My neighbor that mixes mostly Techno also seems to do fine without Autogain.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,178 mod

Could be something that's always happened I guess. Normally I analyse when I import new tracks so tracks have the gain set before they're loaded into a deck for the first time. I've only noticed it now I've started downloading from Beatport.

Not sure setting the autogain correctly when a track is loaded for the first time would cause a volume jump, unless it's playing before the analysis has finished which is probably unlikely ?

-- Mike