Piano Colors takes long to open

GCl
GCl Member Posts: 4 Member

Why does it take over 20 sec to open Piano Colors in Kontakt 7.1.3 on a MacBook Pro 14 M1Pro in Logic Pro 10.7.5 (and 10-7-6) using Native mode? This does not happen in Ableton also using Native mode. Here it opens in just under 4 sec. Same in Reaper. Even Pro Tools using Rosetta takes less than 5 sec.

This machine is set up clean (no restore from backup and brand new if that makes any difference). I did not have this problem on my intel Mac.

I have even wiped the machine and reinstalled everything I have run batch resave on a brand new setup. Nothing helps. Piano Colors is still that slow.

It seems that Logic uses auhostingservice to host native plugins outside of Logic itself witch makes every plugin load slower, but there is only Piano Colors that takes this long. Ableton and Reaper does not use this service.

Hope someone can help me.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@GCl No updates yet but I'll cretae a ticket for you so we can do a proper bug report. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible by email.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2022

@GCl Does it also happen in Kontakt in standalone? Does Logic has Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Is Piano Colours installed on a different location than other libraries? On an external drive ? What format is that drive?

• GCl

Hi, No it does not happen standalone and not in any other DAW. Just Logic. Both Logic and Kontakt have full disk access. I think the problem is on Apples part. It's installed on the internal drive in standard APFS format. The weird thing is it just happen in Logic. I think it has to do with auhostingservice. Apple decided to run plugin outside of the DAW to make it more stable but to me it just makes it really slow. In fact Logic is the slowest running DAW on Apple Silicon.

• Jeremy_NI

@GCl Do you use any antivirus? It could also be the reason for KONTAKT - Slow Loading Times

• GCl

No. I use a Mac so never used anything like that. There is absolutely nothing with my setup that causes this. The question is if there is something in your product (Piano Color) or actually Logic that makes this happen. And only on Apple Silicon. And the only library that have the problem is Piano Color. I have reinstalled my Mac, installed the library (Piano Colors) several times but with the same problem. Every other NI library (I have a few) works just fine. I have read all the optimisation guides and troubleshooting guides you have online and have worked in technical support (Mac and PC) for 30 years so I know that it has nothing to do with my machine or my setup. Have you tried to run this library on the latest version of MacOS with the latest version of Kontakt 7 and on the latest version of Logic Pro. Because I think this problem can be easily replicated.

• GCl

Any updates on this? The problem is still there in the latest version of Kontakt 7. Again the problem is only in Logic Pro 10.7.6 (and 10.7.5) on Apple Silicon (Native). There is no problem in ANY other DAW. Only Logic. If I run Logic in rosetta it is better, but that is no solution. Every other DAW can run native including latest version of Pro Tools.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@GCl No updates yet but I'll cretae a ticket for you so we can do a proper bug report. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible by email.