Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited November 2022

Battery isn't AS native yet but seems OK under Rosetta 2

• fluffy
    fluffy Member Posts: 59 Helper
    edited December 2022

Battery and Polyplex aren't working for me under Ventura on my new Mac Studio (I get an error about the VST2-VST3 bridge on Silicon). Fortunately I'm still running Mavericks on an M1 Mac mini for most of my music production (where it's working fine), but it'd be really nice to have Battery working again on both machines. Setting the Komplete Kontrol app to launch in Rosetta at least lets me use it standalone, but that doesn't help it to run from under Logic (and I'd rather not launch Logic itself under Rosetta).

I haven't had any other major compatibility issues in Komplete yet.

So, if you rely on Battery, best not to upgrade just yet.

• fluffy
    fluffy Member Posts: 59 Helper

Ah, hm, actually, it turns out that had something to do with the Intel-only version of Komplete Kontrol I had installed on the Mac mini. I just updated Komplete Kontrol there and now Battery and Polyplex are failing on that system with the same error.

Is there a way to downgrade the Komplete Kontrol plugin to the previous Intel-only version so that Logic's Intel plugin bridge takes over? That works a lot better for me than running Logic under Rosetta.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@fluffy We would definitely recommend using Logic in Rosetta mode but here is a previous version of Komplete Kontrol: KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.7.2 for MAC

• jpmusic
    jpmusic Member Posts: 2 Member

Anyone able to install new plugins using Native Access 3.0.1 on M1 Ventura?

I can update existing plugins, and things run as expected, but I'm unable to install Hypha or Umansky Bass as two examples of new plugins. The previous version of Native Access showed an XML Processing Error as described here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000262537-Native-Access-Error-Message-XML-Processing-Error-, but the new version of Native Access (3.0.1) simply fails with no helpful information when installing new plugins.

• Lizard
    Lizard Member Posts: 2 Member

No, I'm experiencing the same problem. Actually a bit surprised that not a lot of people seem to be talking about this, feels like a major hurdle to me. Personally, I am anxiously awaiting the Native Access Ventura compatibility update.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited December 2022

Yes I’m not seeing any problems with NA on M1 and Ventura

• Jeremy_NI

@Lizard A new version of Native Access is here (3.1.0) and fixes issues with MacOS Ventura. You can try it out now.

• Lizard
    Lizard Member Posts: 2 Member

@Jeremy_NI I am happy to report that updating to the new version fixes the described problems, I am now able to install new things using Native Access again :) Thanks!

• jpmusic
    jpmusic Member Posts: 2 Member

Also happy to report the update to 3.1.0 fixed the installation issue I had on Ventura. Thanks!

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 165 Advisor

It seems Traktor v3.7.1 added support for Ventura, too 😊

What about Traktor Kontrol hardware?

These (including Access 3.1.0) aren’t added to the compatibility support page.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

Hello Jeremy, is NA2 3.1.0 now officially supported on Mac OS Ventura?

• Jeremy_NI

@Ed M Yes it is.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 165 Advisor

Sorry, but the problem with 'installing dependencies' still occurs. Please, refer to my previous posts on this one, too.

I have to execute the suggested terminal command to get past it and launch 3.1.0 on macOS (also on Ventura).

The command also solves the problem with the Access app opened; after execution the app directly opens as expected.

• Welto
    Welto Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2022

Maschine mk2 doesnt recognize internal Mic on my Mac os ventura for internal sampling recording