Can I use the Kontakt Library impulse responses in my Reaktor ensemble?

cs5947
cs5947 Member Posts: 28 Member
edited December 2022 in Komplete General

Hello, I am working on a PM Wurlitzer ensemble, I want to be able to use the large library of impulse responses that comes with Kontakt's Convolution effect by default, in Reaktor. These IR files will be embedded within Laurent Sevestre's convolution macro so they cannot (i think) be accessed as an audio file, to prevent piracy. I haven't taken the time to read the Kontakt/Reaktor terms of use (because of how long most of these agreements are, and how easy to forget the information is) so I am concerned as to the legality of doing this. Thats why I am asking this question.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Unless you release this ensemble as a commercial object, using the IR in your ensemble is fine!

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Hard to say. It is not explicitly written in EULA, that it is not allowed, but also it is not written, it is allowed. IRs are part of SW and SW is protected by general rules for SW. And one cannot use even parts of SW without written permission.

So, I would guess, it is not possible to use IRs elsewhere, without aditional permission from NI. But you may use it for your personal use, I think. But not distribute it to others.

The best would be, if you ask NI directly.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Unless you release this ensemble as a commercial object, using the IR in your ensemble is fine!

• cs5947
    cs5947 Member Posts: 28 Member

No, the ensemble will not be released commercially, it will be released for free on the user library. Does this still apply?