Native Access 3.01 stuck installing on old NTKDeamon file delete ...which does not exist

Status
Status Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2023 in Native Access

I wanted to install the latest Native Access version. I cannot change the instal directory (one thing that troubled me, anyway) and finally it stuck on some weird "Unable to uninstall the old version of NTK Deamon" message. The problem is I had already uninstalled the old version, all the folder content of the old Native Access. And cleared the register.

For now I do not have Native Access and eventually can not install/register any new products that I have recently purchased due to the Black Friday deals. I have filed the issue into Support of NI, yet need to wait a long while for any response, I presume.

Anybody having the same problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Try to take Native Acces new version 3.1 please.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

@Status Try to close Native Access, uninstall it, then install this new version:

• Status
    Status Member Posts: 3 Member

nope, still the same screen of a NTKDaemon file to delete, although it is not there

• Jeremy_NI

Please give this a try:

The NI Uninstall RegTool can fix issues with update installations or reinstalls. Follow these steps:

Download the file NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.zip attached at the bottom of this article, move it to your desktop and unzip it.

Right-click the extracted file NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.exe and choose Run as administrator:

If a User Account Control window pops up, confirm with Yes.

Select the product that is causing issues, e.g. The Giant and click Remove selected product:

Confirm with OK to start the process.

Find the regtool here: NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.zip

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Status Did you manage to make it work? You never got back, either here or responded to my colleagues from support you also contacted.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

This discussion has been closed.