Getting started with Hypha

Barnet Boy
Barnet Boy Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi. I have a really basic newbie query. I have just downloaded Hypha, Kontakt 7 and Komplete Kontrol, and I'm trying to figure out how to start making music. I've read the Hypha manual but I think my query is too basic even for that!

I have started Kontakt and have Hypha running within Kontakt. If I click on an instrument on the LHS I get the sound of that instrument, but what then? I have plugged in my Akai MPK mini but I wonder if it's compatible.

I also have Ableton Live but I thought to start with I would try to use Hypha as a stand-alone application.

Sorry for such a basic first question. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. :)

Best Answers

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Barnet Boy Not sure if I got the issue correctly but I have the feeling this is related to the MIDI channel of your keyboard and the MIDI channel of Kontakt: Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• Barnet Boy

Thanks, @Jeremy_NI It looks as though that could well be where I'm stuck. I'll take a look at the article. Many thanks!

• Barnet Boy

Yes, that seems to have got me part way. Again, thanks.

I think I need to set up Kontakt Player 7 (I should have said it was player before) in Ableton. I have found an article which says to set the VST2 Plug-In Custom Folder to C:/Program Files/VSTPlugins which doesn't exist so I expect that is incorrect. However, I created the folder and continued following the instructions, but without success - so where are the VST files for Kontakt Player? Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Kontakt 7 is VST3 only, you need to enable VST3s in Ableton. No need to use custom folders as VST3s are always installed at the same location by default which is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Also worth checking: Plug-In Administration in Ableton Live

• Barnet Boy

Gotcha! Thanks