High latency with Kontakt 7. newest version and one before 7.0.11

Kontakt 5 and 6 are fine.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• rdalcroft
    rdalcroft Member Posts: 143 Helper
    Answer ✓

Hello

Yes, I have fixed the issue. I was Using latest NVidia driver.

But I had to make sure the driver was in MSI mode and also for some reason set the Core affinity for the GPU to use any other core except core 0 for the CPU. This then brought the Latency caused by the Nvidia driver in check. But still having to make sure that any audio program was using the Nvidia card at max performance.

I am putting this down to the Power stages set by the Video cards bios, for some reason the RTX3080ti's power saving features cause massive latency spikes anywhere between min (210mhz) and max clocks (1710mhz).

Where my old RTX2080ti had no latency issues caused by different clocks stages of the power plans with in the card.

Answers

• rdalcroft

Why is Kontakt 7 causing so much latency it seems related to the nvidia driver?

Kontakt 5 and 6 do not do this? Neither does Komplete kontrol.

What is this using that its creating so much activity on the nvidia driver?

Something is wrong here?

• rdalcroft

Here it is with kontakt 6, Its much lower and acceptable

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

@rdalcroft Well, there were a lot of changes regarding graphics handling, you can learn more about it here: KONTAKT 7 FAQ

What's your graphic card driver ? Is it up to date ? Does it support Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) rendering or above ?

• rdalcroft
    Answer ✓

Hello

Yes, I have fixed the issue. I was Using latest NVidia driver.

But I had to make sure the driver was in MSI mode and also for some reason set the Core affinity for the GPU to use any other core except core 0 for the CPU. This then brought the Latency caused by the Nvidia driver in check. But still having to make sure that any audio program was using the Nvidia card at max performance.

I am putting this down to the Power stages set by the Video cards bios, for some reason the RTX3080ti's power saving features cause massive latency spikes anywhere between min (210mhz) and max clocks (1710mhz).

Where my old RTX2080ti had no latency issues caused by different clocks stages of the power plans with in the card.