Noire - Cubase 12 Tempo Track bug?

dickiefunk
dickiefunk Member Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Hi,

I'm experiencing a bug when using the Tempo Track feature in Cubase 12. Basically, when the tempo changes the sound of Noire heavily glitches and the cpu spikes. I have Kontakt v6.7.1.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Does upgrading to Kontakt 7 make any difference?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@dickiefunk Unfortunately this is a known issue (KT-6047) and has not been fixed yet. Upgrading to Kontakt 7 doesn't fix the issue. Sorry about the inconvenience.

• dickiefunk
    Answer ✓

Thanks guys. I’ve actually sorted the problem. You need to change the Kontakt Tempo to internal in the top menu bar. All working perfectly now.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@dickiefunk Unfortunately this is a known issue (KT-6047) and has not been fixed yet. Upgrading to Kontakt 7 doesn't fix the issue. Sorry about the inconvenience.

• tbrown92030
    tbrown92030 Member Posts: 8 Member

New Kontakt/Noire user here and, yes, this issue is still occurring with Kontakt 7. Is there any way to see details for the issue being tracked (KT-6047)? It seems that this problem has been around for a couple of years now (I've seen reports from 2020 about it) but it's a fairly serious one, IMO, so should be getting some attention.

Since there are reports that it's due to the Replika delay effect, can an option be added in Noire to remove Replika from the FX chain (the glitches still occur even if Replika is being bypassed, apparently)?

FWIW, I'm using Reaper on Windows 11

• tbrown92030
    tbrown92030 Member Posts: 8 Member

A quick update...

While working with NI tech support on this issue, I was able to narrow the problem down to my audio settings in Reaper. I use a Steinberg Audio Interface and the Yamaha/Steinberg ASIO driver for it. I had my settings for the ASIO driver optimized for vocal recording (low latency) and had a fairly small block and buffer size. Increasing these to around 1024 samples has resolved this issue for me.

• dickiefunk
    Answer ✓

Thanks guys. I’ve actually sorted the problem. You need to change the Kontakt Tempo to internal in the top menu bar. All working perfectly now.

• Hicham
    Hicham Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited July 2023

Thank you dickiefunk, your trick solved the cpu usage problem with noire and Kontakt 7. For me this occurred when reading a project containing tempo changes in cubase Pro 12.