Is it just me? Or is Maschine / NI-software STILL buggy?

Geepstar
Geepstar Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

So I started using Maschine I think like 14 years ago. It was quite buggy back then.... and it still is!!!!! Or am I the only one who just spend over 6 hours trying to get some plugins into maschine?

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

Well... Maschine is going thru a VST3 transition right now. 😬

Be more specific about what's going on and maybe people can help you out.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@Paule Sorry but again, this is irrelevent.

• Geepstar

Version 2.16. And yes indeed, it fails loading VST3 plugins which is very annoying. And besides that I have to initialize the database because my Komplete Ultimate collecters edition can't find samples / synths..

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2022

@Geepstar I see that you contacted our support already. Maybe worth mentioning this issue with your missing samples and synths, Komplete Ultimate is just a bundle so I assume these are missing in Maschine too? Anyhow please give more details to my colleagues on what is going wrong exactly and they should be able to help. You also didn't give many details here.

• Geepstar
    edited December 2022

Initializing the database worked. But I had to rescan my VST's again too and since I got some new VST3's and Maschine couldn't handle them properly it took me 6 - 8 hours to get it right. Very frustrating and a pity of my time. But said that it is working now (but had to throw away VST's that were working perfectly in Ableton. And the annoying thing is that in VST3 land we got back to square 1 again were is decided where the VST's are located. And copy paste delete them every time I use Ableton or Maschine is not an option. )

• Geepstar

My main issue is that I got the MK3 a few months ago and the same day I met some bugs. And working with Ableton hardly ever gives me annoying things. It killes the creativity big time and if happens too often will make me throw maschine out of the door and that would be a pity because I love the workflow and speed of it.

• Jeremy_NI

@Geepstar Really sorry to hear that. Sorry if this is irrelevent, but one cool thing with VST3s is that they are all installed at the same location by default, this for every manufacturer, so you shouldn't have to move files at all for VST3s. Next time if you have issues, feel free to contact my colleagues and maybe they can figure out what's up on your system.

• Cowboydon
    Cowboydon Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

@Geepstar hey. Its not just you man. Thanks for sharing your post to confirm im not losing my mind.

cant load any plug ins because of all the bugs and on the off chance it does load it doesnt sound anything like the preview. Reached out to 1 on 1 support and he says he can’t replicate the issue.

im really disappointed to read your experience and wish i could take back the year and a half ive spent trying to convince myself it was me not the machine . But today i see that