Komplete Audio 6 MkI driver

Blackstoat
Blackstoat Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited August 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Hi all

I'm running Win 11 with Cubase Pro 12.

Computer specs should run Cubase with no issues. E.g 64Gb Ram

Issue is that audio starts to break up, really, really bad crackles. If I'm in Cubase I simply disconnect Komplete Audio 6 and then re-establish the connection in 'audio connections'. It'll then work fine for a while until I have to do it again.

It isn't a Cubase problem as it happens in Kontakt standalone too.

I have the latest drivers and firmware for the Audio 6 MkI interface. But I notice these drivers haven't been updated for 7 years.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a known issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks for any help you can give - really appreciate your time.

Andy

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Blackstoat I created a ticket and our system and contacted you by email, we'll need to have a deeper look in your system. Check your inbox ;-)

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022

Try to increase your audio buffer size in the ASIO control panel for your I/O device.

Look in the knowledge base for the "windows tweaks" regarding power settings and TSR applications running in the background.

• Jeremy_NI

@Blackstoat The driver should still work with Windows 11. There hasn't been any new driver since the device was discontinued when the MK2 version came up. A couple things to check: make sure to have your DAW and music software run at the same sample frequency as for your Windows system audio output. Also check power settings, as explained in this article, as well as a lot of other settings: Windows Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

• Blackstoat
    Blackstoat Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi

Thanks for your help guys

Unfortunately that hasn't solved the problem. Most of the advice I'd already followed.

LatencyMon is telling me the driver causing the issue is Wdf01000.sys with a huge ISR count and a 1.86ms max execution time. In 10 minutes of test I'm getting 1146ms execution time for this driver alone. The test was done without anything actually running. Background processes were disabled where possible.

All drivers, BIOS, firmware, Windows are all latest versions.

Is there a fix for this?

Specs:-

Device name DESKTOP-0OPKTSC

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor        3.39 GHz

Installed RAM 64.0 GB

Device ID

Product ID

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @Blackstoat I created a ticket and our system and contacted you by email, we'll need to have a deeper look in your system. Check your inbox ;-)

• Schlockmeister
    Schlockmeister Member Posts: 4 Member

I have the same problem in Windows 10. Crackling starts slowly, just here and there and after a while it gets worse and worse. Sometimes it gets real bad (nothing but crackling), then the audio gets muted and a couple of seconds later it plays again normally.

Sometimes the KA6 just dies and I have to pull out and re-attach the USB cable. This mostly works but when it doesn't I have to reboot my pc.

There are times though this totally freezes my pc through a BSOD.

I think this is a known (but never solved) problem with either the driver or the audio interface itself.

This is extremely frustrating when you're doing a live mix since it basically ruins it.

• Jeremy_NI

I didn't find any requests regarding this issue in our system, please get in touch with my colleagues here so they can help out: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_other

There was an issue with the KA6 Mk2 driver that took a long long time to fix through fimrware updates but nothing like this for the Mk1.

• rdalcroft
    rdalcroft Member Posts: 143 Helper

Did you ever get an answer on this issue with the Audio 6 Mk1 on windows 11?

• Jeremy_NI

@rdalcroft You can reach out to our support and my colleagues will help out.