how to configure pedal switch to start 'restart' button maschine

onyxdc
onyxdc Member Posts: 6 Member

i have a foot switch connected to my masch mk3 (pedal input) and it nicely controls the start/stop button, But it doesnt work for me because it wil start/stop in the middle of a measure or pattern.

For live purposes i need to control the 'restart' button so that the pattern wil start at the beginning when im pressing the foot switch.

Can you guys help me out or is it even possible?

GrtZ, Carlo

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

You can't. Foot pedal actions are hard mapped, it's just for Play and Rec unfortunately. (can also do CC's ??)

If you're interested in a very hacky approach of modifying the software similarly to this:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/4928/i-hacked-my-way-into-a-shift-stop-combo-hopefully/

I can tell you what to modify to be able to make "Play" always start from the beginning (which would affect the foot switch), basically switch the Play/Restart functions around, if not then you just gotta live with the current behavior and pray that one day this becames customizable.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

You can't. Foot pedal actions are hard mapped, it's just for Play and Rec unfortunately. (can also do CC's ??)

If you're interested in a very hacky approach of modifying the software similarly to this:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/4928/i-hacked-my-way-into-a-shift-stop-combo-hopefully/

I can tell you what to modify to be able to make "Play" always start from the beginning (which would affect the foot switch), basically switch the Play/Restart functions around, if not then you just gotta live with the current behavior and pray that one day this becames customizable.

• onyxdc
    onyxdc Member Posts: 6 Member

Aaah Thnks man...and i was afraid for that. Looked at your hacky suggestion and is very good to know this for an alternate resolution, i'll keep it in mind.

Think that i'll stick to live with the current behavior for now, thnks again!