Maschine did not save my project...

sevdahbaby
sevdahbaby Member Posts: 27 Member

Last night I had several crashes from Maschine, but it managed every time to recover my project. But, that last save I did on the project did not work, which I found out this morning, when I figured out that some last 30 minutes of work where not saved... I am using Maschine in M1 native mode, on a Macbook Pro 14 M1 Pro computer. The wierd thing is that the asterisk next to filename stays there even after I save the project, even now.

Generally I developed a love-hate relationship with Maschine system. It is fun, inspiring, but any time I try to do any serious work, it dissapoints :/

30 minutes of work last night, today an hour of trying to figure out what the hell happened and the creative vibe destroyed... not good.

Tagged:

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod

Are you saving the project to its default user location? Does Maschine have 'Full Disk Access' in MacOS; Preferences>Privacy & Security?

• sevdahbaby

Hi D-One, thanks for answering - firstly I saved my project to a custom directory, but after the crashes Maschine started saving files to its default user folder. I noticed that, but couldn't be bothered (that is one thing that is also annoying - Maschine always going back to the default project folder) so I left all the next versions of the project to be saved there. I made several Save As copies, since the program was unstable.

I checked now and indeed Maschine didn't have 'Full Disk Access'. But I often save my Maschine projects to my custom folders and without problems with saving files...

The asterisk stays after the filename even on a new test project, after giving Maschine Full Disk Access and after saving the file... wierd behaviour

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited December 2022

Strange indeed, I have none of those issues. Does it also happen in Rosseta Mode?

Honestly, I'd avoid Native Mode for a while, since some plugs aren't supported I reckon not many people are using it to report potential issues - Models above the M1 like the Pro are known to have more problems.

• sevdahbaby

This last test I did was in Rosetta mode. I guess you are right, Reaktor 6 doesn’t work in M1 native mode, but I wasn’t expecting this kind of a disaster… ok, my hope is still not dead totally that Maschine will one day become a stable and reliable tool, I really do hope 😩

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

Reaktor 6 and Battery 4 should get updated early next year, FM8 should be updated in the coming weeks. Until then, we would advise to stick to Rosetta mode, as @D-One said.

• croche
    croche Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I still have this stupied problem in 2024. The maschine project just don't save. Even I saved right before I quit the program. And it still lose every changes I did 10 mins ago or even longer. I have do the "save as" and rename, in case it doesn't save....a silly bug..

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@croche There's no report of a bug matching these symptoms. It's probably something on your system. What is your operating system? Where do you save your projects on your computer?