Zoom shortcuts?

PooFox
PooFox Member Posts: 13 Member

This is starting to drive me nuts...I'm spending way to much time scrolling around the interface trying to find my MIDI notes in the pattern window.

Are there really no shortcuts or toggles to fit the notes in the window or keep the loop section in view? It's not as if I ever need to see that empty space with no notes, like I'm gonna start adding notes with my mouse or something.

That's what I bought the damned hardware for, so why isn't the software more simpatico? When I'm browsing presets on my Mikro mk3, I still have to click the icon to open the browser in the software, even though it's absolutely necessary to use the hardware browser (can't choose type or filter the list on the Mikro).

Sorry getting OT now, but damn. Do I have to continue digging around the interface for my notes every time I make a new pattern? 😕

Comments

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

Use shorter pattern lengths

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited December 2022

It took me a long time to discover this but if you double click on the arrow at the end of the horizontal scroll bars (or just barely to the right of that scroll bar arrow) in either the top or bottom window it will zoom to shrink everything into the window.

As an added bonus, if you click on one of the group timelines in the top window anywhere except on a pattern (in other words, in one of the areas between patterns) and then do the same thing, it will zoom out and fit all of the patterns and clips used in that group in a single window. Such an amazing time saver!

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

There's a navigate function on the hardware. Use it

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

Keyboard shortcuts? CTRL+Up/Down or CMD+Up/Down controls the pattern editor / piano roll zoom...

However, it needs to be in focus and the SW doesn't really tell you if it is or not, idk any other way to set it in focus other than clicking the Piano Roll area. BTW, lots of things like this require focus and for you to magically guess where it is. 🤷‍♂️

There's no fit-to-screen shortcut tho, only what Peter mentioned.

@Peter Harris said: It took me a long time to discover this but if you double click on the arrow at the end of the horizontal scroll bars (or just barely to the right of that scroll bar arrow) in either the top or bottom window it will zoom to shrink everything into the window.

Interesting, for me it's a double click on the scroll bar itself, might be a windows vs mac difference.

• PooFox

I did discover that. Unfortunate how they buried it under the useless variation button tho.

• PooFox
    edited December 2022

Great tip, thank you! But don't you guys think there should be a way to always keep the notes or at least the loop centered in view?

One more quick question if anyone knows: sometimes all notes from all sounds are displayed at once. Is there a way to do that manually?