possible to figure out which reaktor5 preset was used from an ableton projects .xml file?

Smeele
Smeele Member Posts: 6 Member

I have an old ableton project with a reaktor 5 instance and I really want to be able to use it but only have reaktor 6 now. is it possible to figure out which preset was used from the projects .xml file? and would the same preset exist in 6? I didn't see any preset name in the .xml

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

You can use a hex editor like Ultra Edit to search your xml file.

• Smeele

@Paule hey thanks I definitely did that and there are no preset names. There are some numbers but i have no idea if those represent a specific preset. If anyone knows what the numbers mean let me know. I've also contacted support in hopes of getting a legacy version of reaktor so I can save out the preset.

• Paule
    edited December 2022

Which ensemble do you use in R5? Sometimes snapshot names are numbers.

For the non commercials (user library) R5 works fine in win 10 pro. At commercials like Razor, Monark, Prism etcpp Reaktor told me: it's a demo.

After a crash on my win 7 pro in summer this year there is no registeration set to Service Center and the commercials are only registered with NA3 for R6.

Can you attach your xml file as zip or 7zip here?

is it possible to figure out which preset was used from the projects .xml file? and would the same preset exist in 6?

I need more info or should I read in your mind?

• Smeele

@Paule hey sorry I totally thought I attached it my bad! I have no idea what ensemble I used as the project is from 2014.

Here's the xml

• Paule

I can see that Reaktor 5.dll was used but not the ensemble nor the snapshot.

If you don't know which ens you'll used build a new project with R6 please.

Myself is no musician mayhaps a soundesigner (yes, with one d like in speech). Only for arraning audio clips I need MMM = Magix Music Maker from 2009, so here are no projects to save. If a song is ready made I delete the using clips and the project to avoid „All sounds like the ones before“

Here are my last demos exchanges with two users about Absynth:

It's Reaktor (percussions) and Absynth (all other tracks)

• Smeele

@Paule Ya it's pretty strange that it's not in the XML file. Unfortunately, I'm remastering the track, and I don't have the time to recreate that sound in R6. so I will need the original preset/ensemble. Hopefully, NI will let me have a legacy Reaktor to export the preset.

cool demos by the way!

• Paule
    edited December 2022

BTW R5 and R6 runs parallel. If you own R5 full version so step in Native Access and install R5 again.

Then you can drive ableton with R5 and take a look what ens do you drive in 2014.

If it is a commercial one R5 is in demo mode. You can exchange it with R6 and all is fine.

cool demos by the way!

Thank you.

Here are my works from the last 2 years: page 4

• Smeele

@Paule Sadly I don't have r5, the track was made on a friend's computer. All I own is komplete 13.

• Paule

Isn't Reaktor 5 part of KK13. Try to search in NA3 please.

Or tell your friend the way I show you.

• Smeele
    edited December 2022

@Paule I'm no longer in contact with him sadly. Unfortunately I already searched na and only r6 came up.

• Paule