Straylight – unable to import own sample

lofide
lofide Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello,

I have a strange behavior when importing own samples. With the default Nightmarez preset, I can upload my own samples, but especially with the preset Brachiator in category Lead, I can no longer import my own samples. If I then change another preset, it is no longer possible to import samples into the Grain layer.

I use:

Ableton Live 10 Standard

Kontakt 6.7.1

on both Windows 10 and 11

Thanks for any advice

Best Answer

• lofide
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jeremy_NI ,

thanks for your response.

It's the same in Kontakt as standalone, even if I tried to run the program as an administrator.

The only thing I noticed is that when I go through the presets through menu (see below) and then try to import my own samples, Straylight starts behaving strangely.

But when I browse the presets through this menu, everything works.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

If you try to do the same in Kontakt in standalone, do you get the same behaviour or is it only when in Ableton?

Try with running Kontakt and Ableton as admin: How to Run a Program as an Administrator

• lofide
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jeremy_NI ,

thanks for your response.

It's the same in Kontakt as standalone, even if I tried to run the program as an administrator.

The only thing I noticed is that when I go through the presets through menu (see below) and then try to import my own samples, Straylight starts behaving strangely.

But when I browse the presets through this menu, everything works.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

This is a strange one. we'll try to reproduce the issue, thanks for the extra details, good that you found a workaround.