Maschine Plus Pad Modus Pad Looping

Elpiero
Elpiero Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello, I have the following question, which is extremely important for my purpose. I've had the Maschine Plus for some time and would like to use it as a sample player for DJing, among other things. That means that I want to play samples in pad mode using the pads and the samples from the Maschine library. Now I haven't found a function that repeats the played sample again and again without having to press the respective pad again. please help, maybe there is a way to do it. but I'm afraid that this hugely important feature of Native Instruments has simply been forgotten. thanks a lot and best greetings.

Tagged:

Comments

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as if a good thorough read of the manual might be in order

Check

Audio module

Gate mode

Triggering modes Sample module

Recording patterns

• Elpiero
    edited December 2022

Sehr ärgerlich....

• Murat Kayi

Hi,

It says forum language is English, therefore I'll keep it in English. What's troubling you? Did the suggested keywords not lead to sections in the manual that answer your question?

• Elpiero

It's totally complicated! I had already found that out myself. Why not have a button on the main interface where you can choose whether to loop or not. That's where the manufacturers failed. This is a very important feature and the way this feature is operated sucks. How can that be? especially since the loop function doesn't work as it should. After all, I would like to use the device as a sampler and this function is not available. I think I'd rather buy the akai mpc one...

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

If it is too complicated then forget about it. Stop making music altogether.

Seriously my friend. Once you have read the manual and watched few tutorials, the thing you want to achieve is easy-peacy.

Your biggest obstacle seems to be you attitude.

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor
    edited December 2022

Well, I don't think the MPC can do that either, actually there is no "sampler" that can loop endlessly. What you are looking for is a clip launcher, look at Ableton Live for example, the sampler there cannot loop infinitely, but the clips in the clip launcher can. So you definitely want an Akai Force but not a MPC.Maschine can do that, but you have to use the audio module to do it. which comes with its own ups and downs.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited December 2022

@Fugazi81 wrote:

actually there is no "sampler" that can loop endlessly

AFAIR... the Akai Z8 can do exactly that. Therefore the MPC 4000 most probably is capable of it as well. And I think NI Kontakt can do it as well. And probably many more instruments. It's called latching.

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor
    edited December 2022

Ha, always nice when you learn something new. Thank you for the information. 😎

With this information and a quick google search I found even more samplers with this function.

For example

So there are samplers that can do infinitely looping on the pads like the SP 404 and some more.

Octatrack can do it ,too. I just tried that.

Have fun 😀

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,000 Guru
  • Elpiero

Yes, thats what i need on Maschine Plus... but, can't find.

• ozon

That is Note Repeat, which triggers the Sample repeatedly — which is different from latching a loop. It needs the Maschine to be playing and the repeat is in beat steps. Also, I think you then can’t use the Arpeggiator for anything else anymore.

• Murat Kayi

Note repeat is in pad mode

Arpeggiator in keyboard mode

The project does not need to play in order for note repeat to work

• ozon

Thanks for pointing that out.

And it works actually quite well for loops which fit the current project tempo.

However, as expected, it’s pretty useles for latching a loop if you want to play any other sound over the loop.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

Modern MPCs have loop triggering too, it essentially roughly looks the same to me as Maschine's Audio Plugin.

Latching note repeat with the Sampler will only work for one sample at a time and if the sample is in the same BPM as the project ... and the Project needs to be in the same BPM as whatever is playing on your DJ Software; since I assume you're beatmatching tracks and changing the tempo often this would make using the Sampler a nightmare, actually borderline impossible... Unless you only play songs in one BPM.

Ableton Link + the Audio Module is the only way to make this work IMO.

If you don't need to produce your loops in real-time using the built-in samplers in DJ Software like Traktor or Serato seems a lot more practical since you can have things looping indefinitely and in sync.

• Murat Kayi

I am pretty sure it's not what OP is looking for, but today it occured to me that there is also of course sample looping which you can edit with a loop region in the "sampling" view...there is a few kits in Polar Flare which make use of that quite nicely.