Komplete Kontrol plugin making glitchy and distorted sounds

Wanstall
Wanstall Member Posts: 9 Member

I recently upgraded from fl studio 20 to fl studio 21 and KK has been glitching out, distorting sounds and also half of my library banks wouldn't open too.

I have Fl studio 21 opened in rosetta

I have uninstalled KK and all the other plugins and reinstalled

I have uninstalled fl studio 21 and reinstalled

I have updated MacOs to latest version

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

are you 100 percent sure that you have the same audio device/output settings as before with fl studio 20?

• Wanstall

yes exact same, its odd because when I open the Komplete kontrol stand alone app there is no distortions and works perfectly fine but when I open it up in FL it starts the problems

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Does it even happen with one instance of kk loaded in FL studio?

• Wanstall

it happens every time in FL studio

• Wanstall

not sure if your referring to the distortions or it working normally. but it glitches and distorts every time in fl studio and doesn't on glitch and distort on the stand alone app

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,284 mod

@Wanstall What are your audio settings? Do FL Studio and Komplete Kontrol have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

"also half of my library banks wouldn't open too." Do you get an error message?

• Wanstall

Audio settings are

-device studio 24c interface, 11ms buffer length, sample rate 44100.

110% my audio setting aren't the problem because when I downloaded fl studio 21 from 20 I used the same audio setting and same problems happen. then I went back on fl studio 20 and now the problems exist on that even though I never changed my audio settings

• I enabled full disk access and reinstalled KK nothing changed
    • the error message for the banks says, loading issue - plugin not found please open standalone plugin application to rescan or rescan manually in plugin preferences

• Wanstall

the volume bar at the top right of KK is flickering as if there is sounds coming out when there is not. then when I play a note it distorts and glitches like crazy

• Wanstall

I downloaded abelton trial to test it out and KK works fine there but that's not the case when I open up FL 20 or 21

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,284 mod
    Answer ✓

@Wanstall Then maybe it's something to check with ImageLine/Fl studio resource. Maybe it's something similar to this issue here: My KONTAKT Instrument Is Out of Sync in FL Studio

• Martel
    Martel Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all,

Any more info on this? I have exactly the same problem.

• Wanstall

@Martel assuming you are on fl studio

• go open up KK
    • go to settings
    • then go to troubleshooting
    • then turn on “use fixed size buffers”
    • close FL

should be good to go