Albeton Live 11 cannot recognize Maschine MK2 as MIDI input

shadykell
shadykell Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited December 2022 in Maschine

I'm using Albeton Live 11.2, having Maschine MK2 with new PC ( i5 12600k, .. enough to play AAA games )

I followed this How to Install MASCHINE Templates for Ableton Live – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com) fews time and it showed ( can't set Input and Output ), :

and Native Instrument Controller still recognize like below :

I tried to update Drive to 1.7 but could not:

I checked Device Manager:

Any suggestion for my case. Thanks a lot

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

first check windows update for new drivers, just search for updates. Or if you know what mainboard you use (cpu-z program can tell you for example), go to the manufacturer website search your mainboard and download/install chipset drivers. Unplug maschine, then in device manager, set to show all devices (view/show all), delete all maschine related devices, if it asks for deleting the driver, say yes. Then you reinstall the drivers with maschine disconnected and after you connect it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Make sure to install the Maschine software. Then make sure to install the correct driver here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

But there might be more than that, you have a lot of exclamation points in your device manager.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

first check windows update for new drivers, just search for updates. Or if you know what mainboard you use (cpu-z program can tell you for example), go to the manufacturer website search your mainboard and download/install chipset drivers. Unplug maschine, then in device manager, set to show all devices (view/show all), delete all maschine related devices, if it asks for deleting the driver, say yes. Then you reinstall the drivers with maschine disconnected and after you connect it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Make sure to install the Maschine software. Then make sure to install the correct driver here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

But there might be more than that, you have a lot of exclamation points in your device manager.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

Also be carefull to never uninstall "BOME", as it handles the Maschine virtual driver in Windows.

• shadykell
    shadykell Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks, Uwe, Jeremy and D-one, I update the drive and it works! Now I can use maschine mk2 as midi in Albeton Live 11