Why do I always have to log on to Native Access v 3.01 on my Mac, password not retained?

wyattd
wyattd Member Posts: 6 Member

Bit of a pain this in that I always have to look up my password every time I fire up Native Access on my Mac it'd does not appear to save the log in credentials.

Is there a way to correct this or is this simply how the application is coded?

Intel i9 iMac with Monterey. 12.6.1

Cheers

David

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@wyattd That shouldn't happen. To be 100% sure, it's the login to your NI account that's coming every time, not a prompt for your Mac's password?

Can you try the following? (if it's about your NI login)

Please delete the following files and folder:

• Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.NTKDaemon.plist
    • Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK

Then please restart your computer.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

There is no NTK in the applications folder, it is only to be found in the Applucation Support folders.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited November 2022

On PC windows 10 pro I left NA3 via Exit — not logout. The next start don't need a pw.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@wyattd That shouldn't happen. To be 100% sure, it's the login to your NI account that's coming every time, not a prompt for your Mac's password?

Can you try the following? (if it's about your NI login)

Please delete the following files and folder:

• Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.NTKDaemon.plist
    • Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK

Then please restart your computer.

• wyattd

Not at the machine at the moment to try, but regards the NTK file location.

I believe setting ok in the application support folders but there is no NTK app or folder showing in the Macs Application folder.

The Application folder has as specific Native Instrument folder which contains all the NI apps except Native Access app itself which sits in the main Application folder itself. Is this the right location?

Cheers

David

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

There is no NTK in the applications folder, it is only to be found in the Applucation Support folders.

• wyattd

Sorry just had open surgery after starting my question so been unable to complete analysis re this need to always enter a password into native access.

Re the NTK file/folder in the Application support directory and the response to try to delete the file there.

if I delete it from that location does the app get auto replaced via something running at boot time on Mac, if so what should be running at boot to replace it?

Thanks

David

• wyattd

Tried the solution suggested above in deleted files and letting system rebuild but problem persists.

Have raised a support request.

Cheers

David

• Jeremy_NI

@wyattd Did the solution provided by our support work?

• wyattd

Didn't see a solution sent about this apart from the comments above which I commented didn't fix.

For some reason the support response was that they thought I wanted to reset my password which which was not what I requested?

So still pursuing this issue.

David

• Jeremy_NI

@wyattd If the solution provided did not work or didn't address the issue you are having please reply to my colleagues.

• chillosapien
    chillosapien Member Posts: 5 Member

I recently installed NA2 (v3.2.0) on an Intel i7 MBP (Big Sur). When NA starts, I am prompted to enter my account login credentials for the Mac to continue. Is this normal behavior? Is there a configuration setting that eliminates the requirement to login when NA starts?

Periodically, when starting NA on Win10, the UAC dialog pops up to request elevated privileges. Does the Mac login serve the same purpose?