Maschine+, desktop software. M+ Expansions serials

rcmusic35
rcmusic35 Member Posts: 17 Helper

Hello

How does maschine 2 (that should come with maschine plus) desktop software appears on your serials section on NI site? do you see maschine 2 software for maschine+ or for mk3?

Also, are the expansions serials bundled in the maschine plus selection mk2 or are they unique serials?

Thanx

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

No prob.

When you sell hardware (along with its bundled software) and transfer it's license to someone else both you and the new buyer get to keep the software licenses. So you can sell HW and still be able to open projects and whatnot even If you didn't buy an M+ to replace your MK3.

So, any Expansions that belonged to your old MK3 are technically already sold; but if you bought Expansions separately/individually then you could sell those in the used market if they are duplicate of what already comes with the M+. It's only 5 according to the product page and they will be very common so it's a hard sell...

Answers

• D-One
    edited December 2022

I only have 2 entries for the M+:

• MASCHINE Plus
    • MASCHINE Plus Selection

The 2nd one I assume is the whole bundle: Instruments, Expansions, MAS-SW, etc...

Also, are the expansions serials bundled in the maschine plus selection mk2 or are they unique serials?

Not sure what you mean by MK2. No, no unique serials. It wouldn't make sense since you can't sell/trade/transfer part of a bundle.

Older products do show up individually but I think at some point they stopped doing that.

• rcmusic35

Thanx D-one. I want to sell the expansions i have twice since buying M+ and want to be sure they are bundled with the M+ selection. I sold & transfered my mk3, but maschine 2 for mk3 hw still appearing but not transferable ( transfer is finished).

• D-One
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

No prob.

When you sell hardware (along with its bundled software) and transfer it's license to someone else both you and the new buyer get to keep the software licenses. So you can sell HW and still be able to open projects and whatnot even If you didn't buy an M+ to replace your MK3.

So, any Expansions that belonged to your old MK3 are technically already sold; but if you bought Expansions separately/individually then you could sell those in the used market if they are duplicate of what already comes with the M+. It's only 5 according to the product page and they will be very common so it's a hard sell...

• rcmusic35
    edited December 2022

I may give them to the mk3 buyer actually, i agree hard to sell or for such a low price, better give!!

was not aware that we keep mschine soft when selling hardware, that’s nice.

• D-One

That's what I would do tbh. Yeah, in this regard NI is pretty amazing, I don't know many companies that do such a thing.