Kontakt 7 crashes (Latest as of 12/5/2022)

DanRoberts
DanRoberts Member Posts: 7 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Kontakt 7 crashes quite often, I originally thought it might be an unsolved interaction with Studio One 6. But it is not. I opened the stand alone and it does it as well.

The crashes mostly happen when clicking the main interaction Icon (where batch resave is located). Sometime it works and often it crashes instantly upon the click.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• LauLau
    LauLau Member Posts: 17 Member

Hi,

same issues here, it randomly crashes when I click on the same button as you or everywhere (edit...) in standalone or VST

No problem in the past with K6.

I've made all recommandations (folders deletion, key registries...) but it's too unstable, so unusable, what a waste of money!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod
    Answer ✓
  • DanRoberts

Jeremy_NI,

Stop with the "Please Check" stuff, it's a bug. Please work on fixing it.

Thanks.

• LauLau
    LauLau Member Posts: 17 Member

That's already checked, it's a bug as it randomly happens!

K7 is actually unusable

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2022

@DanRoberts @LauLau I posted this link because these are the first steps to take when Kontakt crashes. In that post there is also a link to our Kontakt support where you can submit your full blown bug report. Please include steps on how to reproduce the bug in your request as well as the result of our support tool. My colleagues will look into it.

• DanRoberts
    edited December 2022

And yet again ... We posted sufficient info, on what is causing the crashes. So let me get this straight, you now want us to fill out another form, when the info is here in front of you that could be forwarded to support?

Seriously?

• Jeremy_NI

@DanRoberts Well, first of all, you did not mention your operating system and your description is a little vague "The crashes mostly happen when clicking the main interaction Icon (where batch resave is located). Sometime it works and often it crashes instantly upon the click." I was not able to reproduce it on my system, also asked some colleagues if they could reproduce the issue on their side. If you submit a request you can also submit the result of our support tool, this will give us info on your system, crash reports and will help troubleshooting the issue and understand why this happens to you but not to the vast majority of Kontakt users. I understand it can be frustrating when a program you paid for crashes but I'm trying to find the best way to help you here. Does it make sense now?

• DanRoberts
    edited December 2022

Well if you guys can't reproduce it, fair enough. But it happens regularly, and it is unique to K7. If it helps for now in the meantime. I am on Windows 10 (latest). When it happens K7 hangs and doesn't recover. It could be case specific to having done a batch re-save prior, but I am unsure. (I have been doing a lot of BR's lately).

I have seen it both when using K7 as a plugin in Studio One 6 and in Standalone. (I originally thought it might be a Studio One issue). As far as the Icon is concerned, not sure what to call it (Main Menu?). But yea it is the one you click to access the batch re-save option.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2022

That's why I'm re-directing you to my colleagues here, be sure to include the result of our support tool: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

They'll be able to determine if it's a known bug with slightly different symptoms or a system related issue.

• DanRoberts

Ok done. Looks like 7.0.13 was just released. In the fixed category, this issue was not discussed. I will try the new version (was using 7.0.11) and report back after some tests, normal use etc. to keep you in the loop.

• curnes
    curnes Member Posts: 4 Member

If I follow the auto help deleting registries am I going to have to reinsall my libaries all over again?

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

.nki could be looked at as .wav or .jpg, except in this case only one program will open those files.

• Jeremy_NI

@curnes Deleting registries will only reset the program to default. Resetting the database only refreshes Kontakt's database, it doesn't move files, so there is no need to reinstall.

• DanRoberts

Hey Jeremy,

Just an update, working with the support folks. 7.0.13 did not solve it. The support guys are currently looking at it.

Dan

• maki
    maki Member Posts: 7 Member

Just to add my own experience. Kontakt 7 causes crashes of Ableton Live a lot. Most notably, Live 11 crashes when either duplciating track with Kontakt 7, or when adding Kontakt 7 into midi track... 50% of time. which is quite a lote considering I have to wait 10mins until the session is restored... :/