Modifying Send Effect Parameters

Greg_Mnt
Greg_Mnt Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hey Guys,

Hopefully a simple one. Struggling to use "set_engine_par" correctly to modify a Send Effect parameter. For example "engine_par_rv_predelay" within a Legacy Reverb effect.

From what I can see in the Reference Manual "ni_send_bus" may be required but unfortunately I can't seem to correctly interpret this.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks as always!

Best Answers

• corbo-billy
    corbo-billy Member Posts: 83 Helper
    Answer ✓

Need to write "$ENGINE_PAR_RV_PREDELAY" in uppercase _

• Greg_Mnt
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Hey, thanks so much for getting back!

Absolutely, of course but it was more that I seem to be completely misunderstanding the manual when inserting the correct "group" & "slot" values to target the correct (or any) Send Effect?

The Manual says that Group selection is 0 based & anything at Instrument level is -1. However Send Effect don't seem to meet either of those criteria (from my limited understanding).

ANSWERED

(Posting my answer in case this is useful for any other newbies) Send Effects are at Instrument Level so to target a Send Effect in Slot 1 -

set_engine_par(<parameter>,<value>,-1,0,0)

Answers

• corbo-billy
    Answer ✓

Need to write "$ENGINE_PAR_RV_PREDELAY" in uppercase _

• Greg_Mnt
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Hey, thanks so much for getting back!

Absolutely, of course but it was more that I seem to be completely misunderstanding the manual when inserting the correct "group" & "slot" values to target the correct (or any) Send Effect?

The Manual says that Group selection is 0 based & anything at Instrument level is -1. However Send Effect don't seem to meet either of those criteria (from my limited understanding).

ANSWERED

(Posting my answer in case this is useful for any other newbies) Send Effects are at Instrument Level so to target a Send Effect in Slot 1 -

set_engine_par(<parameter>,<value>,-1,0,0)

• medusa
    medusa Member Posts: 85 Helper

set_engine_par($ENGINE_PAR_RV_PREDELAY, some_value_to_set, -1, 0, 0) doesn't work?

• corbo-billy

What is the name of the slider or knob to control this parameter, in your Script ?

• Greg_Mnt
    edited February 2022

Make sure you're using the Callback correctly, it works fine here. Also ensure you're using the Legacy Reverb effect as the parameter is specific to that effect. The full list of effect parameters are in the Reference Manual.

on ui_control($LegacyReverbPreDelay)

set_engine_par($ENGINE_PAR_RV_PREDELAY,$LegacyReverbPreDelay,-1,0,0)

end on