Komplete Kontrol plugin to use track color for keyboard LEDs

gummi
gummi Member Posts: 17 Helper
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Komplete Kontrol when used in the DAW environment (eg Ableton Live) is a great tool but it would be awesome to have one small feature to be implemented into it: it should use the tracks color for the keyboard LEDs when the instrument itself does not have any coloring (like battery with slot colors etc). This would be a great improvement since the KK is often used on many tracks when used inside a DAW.

This is how I would imagine it to work:

• assumption 2 tracks in Live; #1 colored Red - #2 colored Green
  • both have Komplete Kontrol plugin loaded with some synth eg Massive
  • currently if you change tracks with the KK keyboard the LEDs stays always blue -> you need to read from the display which track you are controlling
  • suggested: when KK focus is on Live track #1 -> LEDs would be Red (and when changed to track #2 -> LEDs would change to Green)

I've tried to find a way to hack this with the Ableton Live's MIDI remote scripts but I assume this is done inside Komplete Kontrol code so it is impossible to do with the integration scripts. But in case someone knows a way - please let me know! :)

Comments

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Presumably each DAW does this differently and the plugins on a track may not see that setting as it’s for the GUI?

• SamantaCrown
    SamantaCrown Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

It would be best if you asked for advice from a gamer. They know everything about keyboards and monitors.

• MikeKnight
    MikeKnight Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Keyboard LEDs are such a fantastic invention. They influence my mood while working. I am very fond of red and blue colors. By the way, recently, I bought a wifi light bulb to complete my room atmosphere. I love their lightning, but I feel I should order more.

• MikeKnight
    MikeKnight Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Keyboard LEDs are such a fantastic invention. They influence my mood while working. I am very fond of red and blue colors. By the way, recently, I bought a wifi light bulb https://www.amazon.com/smart-light-bulbs-wifi-bluetooth/dp/B09K38ZXYG to complete my room atmosphere. I love their lightning, but I feel I should order more. It is not enough, especially with the holidays coming. I am planning to get some for my cousins as gifts. I am sure they will be thrilled because they love everything that shines. At first, I thought about keyboard LEDs, but they already have two. So bubs will be the best choice!