[Survey] Tell us what you think about MASCHINE

Comments

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

NI staff have already stated that this will not be getting changed, It is my main gripe with M+, but they don't care, so we need to move on.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru

already stated

Where? Link please.

• GödelEscherSpock
    GödelEscherSpock Member Posts: 6 Member

I would just like to repeat my support for a new generation of Jam hardware in a public forum :-)

Maschine Jam is such an awesome control surface & sequencer / performer – it's a game changer for me.

It would still be a great value for money at 1.5 times the price and I will gladly put my money where my mouth is. (American colloquialism)

• Sontwisted
    Sontwisted Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2022

I love my maschine studio the only thing its missing for me is the ability to duplicate multiple scenes at once and i could do without clips

• Hit-Man
    Hit-Man Member Posts: 23 Helper

Yep... this is the real GAME CHANGER!

I've been requesting this for years. When the Maschine software can duplicate multiple scenes at once my song output will quadruple! I think every person that has tried to make a song with the Maschine software has said...

"Damn, If I could just highlight "all" these scenes and duplicate them I could finish this song so much faster".

Being able to duplicate multiple scenes at once really needs to be added to the Maschine software. You can kinda do it with clips in a clunky way but it's not the same as just being able to highlight multiple scenes and duplicate them all at once.

• Flexi

Yeah that wont be happening, my job description is not "Finds things on forums for other people" try searching, its not like they are trying to hide it, it will probably be in the old forum and you will have to go back to the initial releases where nearly every other comment was about the poor file system.

Different staff of course (Normal staff changes every few months at NI) but I doubt you will get any different answer now.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru

my job description is not "Finds things on forums for other people"

Neither (it seems) is it "back up your statements with some evidence" or "be helpful to other forum members".

• sp4o4
    sp4o4 Member Posts: 8 Member

We won't be buying anymore Maschine products or Native Instrument for that matter. How this has been handled by Native Instruments is very sad. We have a music school where we teach underprivileged kids how to make music. We have 4 Maschine+ and 3 Mk3 setups for the kids for the main stations. The sad part is how under valued they view this product. The amount of money paid for such a weak product. How this product got put out with the specs it has and the tag line standalone is beyond me. The GUI is horrible. You have two beautiful screens that show no information or editing capabilities in standalone, you'll need to hook up to the computer for that. And now a new generation of maschine is on the rise with a higher cpu? What a joke this entire situation is.

You should be fixing the existing machine+ and software.

As a school we have already begun the switch from Native instruments to the Akai Mpc line and Roland Sp-404 mk2 for the kids. Very sad day for us as a school to be honest.

Native Instruments just doesn't care.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

@sp4o4 wrote

And now a new generation of maschine is on the rise with a higher cpu?

Says who?

BTW, to all those dumping their opinions in this thread: Did actually participate in the Survey posted by @Kaiwan_NI or do you expect the NI dev teams to incorporate your prosa somehow into specs and a timeline?

• Flexi
    edited December 2022

OK, because you are soooooo lazy, I typed it in to google, and on the very first link, yes the very first, NI staffer Jeremy says that as far as they know, it will not change, is that good enough evidence for you, is it helpful enough for you, or shall I pop round and click on these links for you too?

Google https://www.google.com/search?q=maschine+plus+two+sub+folders&rlz=1C1ONGR_en-GBGB985GB985&oq=maschine+plus+two+sub+folders&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160.7473j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

First link in Google https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/2-levels-deep-file-structure-is-it-true.452513/

And that was not the only staff confirmation that it will not change either, but I am not doing everything for you, try using Google, it works quite well and has been around a while.

• MatrixxSoundlab
    MatrixxSoundlab Member Posts: 25 Member

@Kaiwan_NI the only real thing I'm waiting for, is for Maschine to go one level further, a full fledged DAW that'll allow me to work with, manipulate, record and edit vocals so that I don't have to go FROM Maschine TO Ableton, or Bitwig or Studio One or anything else. I'd love to be able to keep it all within the Maschine environment.

Also, what y'all REALLY NEED TO DO is make an MK2 for the Jam along the lines of an Ableton Push 2 and make that the flagship device for Maschine DAW.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

Calm down and be kind of each other, please. Asking for a source is not some outrageous request.

"From what I know, this will not change." Doesn't mean it can't change in the future but it's def unlikely, for sure! So... I would keep my expectations super duper low.

IMO if users feel like this is a major flaw then they should complain.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 201 Advisor

My hopes for a Maschine MK4

• 16 Maschine pads + 16 Elektron sequencer buttons (in one row) - think Toraiz SP-16 or Roland MV-1
    • Intuitive and smart UI like Access Virus Ti2
    • Adapt from best of Elektron workflow including parameter locks n song mode
    • Adapt from best of modulation, sampling, sequencing, automation/macro and sound design possibilities from great machines like MidiBox SEQV4+, Polyend Play, Synthstrom Deluge, Sequentix Cirklon, Keystep Pro, Oxi-One and Torso T-1, etc.
    • Solid FXs (not a problem for Maschine world)
    • Better hardware ram/cpu with sufficient I/Os
    • No touchscreen necessary/expandable memory
    • Standalone means standalone
    • Tiny speaker (my personal wish for all standalone devices)
    • Easy to use Editor/Librarian/Sample manager companion software
  • Flexi

Users did complain, and there are multiple times the staff have said it wont change, and no I am not giving sources for this, the source is my memory from reading the forum, and any search I do, you are capable of doing, and yes it is outrageous when somebody asks for a source in that manner, it is basically calling me a liar, so unfortunately I had to point out their laziness, you know, the very first link in Google!

If that user did not want to get called out for being lazy, then it was silly for them to even reply, you know, Google has been around a long time now, and most people search for whatever they want, maybe next time they want to imply that I am a liar, they should provide the evidence that I am so, funny how that works isn't it, not being lazy.