Maschine+ Standalone 1.4.4.0 . Kontakt instruments are loaded without sound.

Alex Comp
Alex Comp Member Posts: 39 Member

When opening the Machines+ Standalone project, the Kontakt instruments are loaded without sound. Hello ! Who has such a problem? Kontakt tools from the Machines + library. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11o4RYSFASmyUURGaHev4wFY5Fqn9aH36/view?usp=share_link

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

What is the firmware version on your M+ (can’t read it in the video)

• Alex Comp

System 1.4.4.0 firmware 0.1.9

• Alex Comp

SD 64gb original

• ozon

Just tried creating a Project using 3 Groups, each with a Kontakt Instrument from the Factory Library on the first Sound slot (Pad 1): drumloop, bass, synth pad. Saved the Project, closed, reopened and the Kontakt Instruments were still working as before.

Note: I didn’t update my M+ to 1.4.4 since I read on here it has some problems when switching off the M+, and also wanted to stay compatible with Maschine 2.15 on my Mac. That means it could either be related to the 1.4.4 updat (rather improbable) or to something completely different.

I suggest to contact NI support via contact form or online chat.

• Alex Comp

I wrote to NI support on December 6, and sent them a video. I was asked: how was it before? I replied: Hello, I bought the device a month ago, immediately updated it and don't know how it worked before. Memory card original 64gb. I don't know how Kontakt should work on Machine + at all, there is no information about it. But I know that Mashina+ doesn't load Kontakt with sound, it shouldn't. Do you know how it should be? Imagine a musician standing on the stage, opening a project, and he had 10 Kontakt instruments in the project and they were not loaded ...... this is a fiasco. Regards Alex!

They didn't answer me anymore, it's been 3 days.

• Alex Comp

Now I reset the device, the problem remains.

• ozon

It should work as you expect, and it does for me, so something is different on your M+. I’m currently out of ideas about a possible cause. 😔

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

Humm... That is a strange one. You might have a defective unit. I'd wait a bit for the imminent update and if it doesn't fix it bump your ticket or start talking to HW tech support to arrange a replacement unit.

Did you install the Kontakt instruments normally thru the Settings menu?

• Alex Comp

I sent this video to NI support , so I filmed everything , how much time is turned on , how much is turned off , and the sound problem in Kontakt . I usually load the tools as shown in the 2:48 video.😀

• Alex Comp

Here are the 50 tools. Loaded and there is sound. I save the project, exit the project. I load the project again, the instruments are in place, but there is no sound. Who 1.4.4.0 check has problems?

• sebastian_laf
    sebastian_laf Member Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2023

Hi. I have exactly the same problem. My Maschine+ data:

System Version 1.4.5.2

Maschine Version 2.16.1 (R0)

Firmware 0.1.6

The Maschine+ is new as I bought it two days ago.

I already contacted the NI support. They answered but there is still no solution. Does someone has the same problem with Kontakt sounds and solved it?

Regards, Sebastian

• sebastian_laf

In the meantime I updated my firmware. The behaviour is the same, problem not solved. No news from the NI support. My current Maschine+ data:

System Version 1.4.5.2

Maschine Version 2.16.1 (R0)

Firmware 0.1.9

• Inti
    Inti Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    good morning.
    I have the same kind of problem too:
    I load a kontact instrument, it works, and then, all of a sudden, it 'unloads'.... you can clearly see the pattern playing, the pads light up, but no sound...
    forced to reload the instrument, and it works again.

I have the latest update, I bought it new, a week ago....

• sebastian_laf

Hi,

I did not yet resolve the problem. But in the meantime NI support provided me a patch file for updating my Machine in order to solve the bug. Unfortunately this did not function, I see the pattern play, the pads light up and no sound.

I informed NI support about the non functioning patch file and I keep you updated if there are news.

Regards from Germany, Sebastian

• Alex Comp

I also updated the firmware, and tried the patch, the problem remained.