KK S-Series - Logic and Smart Controls Not Working

velanche
velanche Member Posts: 41 Member
edited December 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Greets:

I am a bit baffled. It has been a long while since I got to use my Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 keyboard, so trying to get back into things. I'm using it with Logic Pro, and I am using the latest version 10.7.5. Seems that with the Logic integration, the Smart Controls are not automapped to the parameter knobs on the controller.

I have an M1 Max MacBook Pro, and I tried both native and Rosetta 2 with Logic Pro, but no change regardless. Also, I did verify in the Control Surface settings that the keyboard is added and highlighted and checked to accept auto mapping of Smart Controls.

I do not know if it's an Apple Silicon issue, or something else. Is this supposed to be working with Apple Silicon, Rosetta or not? And if so, how can I sort this to get it working?

Thanks!

Answers

• GuessuR
    GuessuR Member Posts: 15 Member

I believe I'm having the same issue...are your transport buttons triggering notes?

• velanche

Negative. They are working properly, be it Rosetta or native.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@velanche Make sure to give Full Disk Access to both Komplete Kontrol and Logic: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Restart your computer, dos that fix the issue?

• Jeremy_NI

@GuessuR Make sure to give Full Disk Access to both Komplete Kontrol and Logic: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Do you have other devices as control surfaces for Logic?

• velanche

Hey Jeremy!

Thanks for answering my queries. I did find that I needed to give full disk access to Komplete Kontrol; it was already set in Logic.

If a controller is listed in "MIDI Controllers" (the Launchpad and the KK keyboards come to mind, once I restart the computer, how will I know if the autompapping is successful? I'm hoping that it'll be obvious and I'll let you know if that's the case, but otherwise knowing the telltale signs would be informative to know.

I appreciate the help.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited December 2022

Mine was but I went through this and reinstalled the files suggested here and restarted and it works again now

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4741162124817

Smart controls have never worked by default - always had to learn the controls - should be as standard really

• velanche

My Logic integration seems to work fine overall. The only issue I seem to have now is that the MIDI templates that I load do not affect the mapped parameters, though the names of them are displayed on screen. I feel I'm missing something, but not sure what that is.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2022

@velanche I' was slightly confused. Sorry, I hadn't realised that you meant the smart controls in Logic. I thought you meant that the Komplete Kontrol controls of NI plug-ins were not working. I now understand, aslo because of other posts. I think the best would be to reset the smart controls to default and learn them again, it's fairly straightforward.

• velanche

Can you clarify on how to reset the Smart Controls to default? Yep, I can surely get them to learn again. Just not sure if I have to remap Smart Controls for a new instrument with different parameters. In my mind, I would map the Smart Controls once, and then when I laid a new instrument with a different set of Smart Controls parameters, they do not require mapping on my part.

My confusion is this: in Logic Pro--->Control Surface---->Settings--->MIDI Controller tab, when "Auto" is checked next to KOMPLETE KONTROL, to me it means that any instrument that I load with Smart Controls parameters should map themselves to the knobs in MIID mode on the keyboard. This is why I've been pesky/persistent to nail that down: the automappign would be a real time-saver. But if this isn't the reality, at least then I'll know it and then I can plan accordingly.

Thanks for sticking with me; I'll get it in time, one way or another!

• Jeremy_NI

@velanche You would need to reset Logic to it's default preferences, as explained in this article from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200260

• velanche

Cool, Jeremy; thank you for that.

I will have to give this some thought. I have two other controllers that are mainly working fine that are the hub of my current setup, so I’m not crazy about blasting away Logic’s CS preference file and losing what’s already there.

As ever, the info is appreciated.

• GuessuR

I've done this numerous times...still a crapshoot whether or not the transport will work or not.

• GuessuR

Gave both Komplete Kontrol & Logic full disk access, along with this Logic integration fix https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4741162124817?_ga=2.169887328.1945025510.1671115277-96593747.1645485817 (which I've done numerous times). Worked at first, but when I opened Logic again later the transport keys on my Maschine triggered drums, while the transport keys on my M32 worked but the keys caused Logic windows to minimize, and the transport keys on my S61 triggered keys. I have no other control surfaces than those.

• Jeremy_NI

@GuessuR I've contacted you regarding this issue, we'll need to have a deeper look.

• velanche

@GuessuR Yikes! Hope that your issues get sorted. For all the things I've been trying to nail down and fix, I have never had an issue with the transport controls working with Logic. Those issues you've mentioned sound freaky and would drive me crazy. Hope a resolution is in sight!

This discussion has been closed.