How to avoid VST Scan on Maschine SW?

Nyxsin
Nyxsin Member Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

Is there a way to bypass Maschine software from scanning vst folders every time it opens? Takes forever to open when you have a ton of different vsts.

Would like to be able to run an initial scan and then just run a manual scan anytime you make a change.

Best Answer

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro
    Answer ✓

Press ESC during the scan to skip it.

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro
    Answer ✓

Press ESC during the scan to skip it.

• Nyxsin
    Nyxsin Member Posts: 15 Member

God what a ridiculous headache and that's all I had to do... lol.

Thank you very much!

• Joseph CR Vourteque
    Joseph CR Vourteque Member Posts: 11 Member

So when I try doing this Maschine crashes on start-up. Does anyone have an idea why this would be?

• djwaxxy
    djwaxxy Member Posts: 46 Member

thanks for the esc tip im having same problem..its been fine up until the last week or so now when i load up maschine 2 if it finds any steinberg plugins it cant get past them it hangs or crashes..

• Blasterbasterd
    Blasterbasterd Member Posts: 1 Member

This program scans plug ins every start up then gets stuck. This is really pitiful. I mean… don’t the devs test this stuff before releasing it? I really hate this program. I can’t even use it because it cannot get past a freaking plug in scan.😡

• FilmlessSoundtracks
    FilmlessSoundtracks Member Posts: 16 Member

The person saying it’s all on Steinberg, is correct. When I open up Cubase 12, the software won’t launch until you accept the list of “errors, the software couldn’t find presets for….. Now after you just push the acceptance ok button, bam u r on Cubase 12. Now I have been using Steinberg Cubase for many many many years. Two things I have learned. First, it you try to delete a program for any reason, Cubase won’t open. So I would be careful about trying to fix the Hangups on the startup VST/Au scans on the Machine or Komplete Kontrol startups. These “side”programs got installed when you loaded Cubase initially and thought they were giving you extra VST instruments and content just to be nice. They fooled you. Now Machine/Komplete Kontrol, should have an easy fix for just scanning the instruments and fx once. Then, they should only scan new software instruments and effect Instruments that have been added since your last startup. They don’t. Also be very careful about free fx pluggins that tempt you. They may also have a list of “Time-out” demos that will also screw you up when you scan your pluggins. For me, the solution is to run Machine and Komplete Kontrol inside of a daw. That way, you avoid the timeless scans. If Native Instruments is reading this, there should be a one time only, or just a “passing by” for timeout VST/Au instruments that have expired. Anyway, for sure it’s Steinberg and be sure, make a change on Cubase, good luck.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 124 Helper

Can’t you just delete time limited demos and avoid them being scanned? Another trick I’ve used is to locate the .dll file that launches the plug-in and rename it to something other than .dll so it’s not recognised in the scan. I had issues with plugins that caused errors on opening maschine and kk and while trying to sort out the cause I temporarily renamed the offending plugins until the problem was resolved. Most plugins shouldn’t be scanned everytime you launch either Maschine or KK unless they’ve just been installed but occasionally you get 1 that will always appear on opening the software. I have 1 plug-in that always gets rescanned and I don’t know why. The plug-in works fine though.

• FilmlessSoundtracks
    FilmlessSoundtracks Member Posts: 16 Member

i have changed my external hard drive. All of my personal custom samples I used working in the FORM instruments library are coded for the samples in the drive I am replacing. I have reloaded all of the same sample files folders exactly as on my previous drive. All I need to do is change the drives new location. I have over 1000 custom samples and know my way around FORM, but here is what I need to know.

How do you change the pathway of the Users Samples so my samples will be read hopefully.

Option 2 would be deleting my entire User Library inside of FORM and just start over. I see a way to erase a sample at a time, but no instructions on erasing the entire User Bank patches. One at a time would take forever.

I appreciate any assistance on this.