How do I use Maschine MK3 as a control surface in Logic Pro X?

LeeJS
LeeJS Member Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

I posted this before but the question has never appeared for some reason so I'm trying again...

I've struggled to get my MK3 to act as a control surface in Logic ever since I got it two+ years ago. I tried a number of times but then just gave up.

I've read that it should be supported out of the box but it never seems to work. Can someone give me a step by step guide on how to do this?

All I want is to be able to use the pads and transport controls, etc as a control surface to play, for example, drums in the drum designer. Or to stop and start the track.

I've tried loading in a template by clicking Shift-Plug In but all I see is this:

When I click Load, the keys all go out and I see this:

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

In Logic go to Control Surfaces ➡ Setup. Check if your MK3 shows up there and is active...

But even if you fix it, in "Advanced Integration" the Pads don't do anything, (yes, lol... you read it right) it basically just shows a pretty mixer to control Logic's mixer levels and has transport + track selection + a few minor things, basically everything listed here.

If you want to record the Pads then MIDI Mode is what you're looking for. You can also have Transport with MIDI Mode by using the Mackie template (both in Logic and Controller Editor), if this sounds confusing it's because it is, sorry. Let me know if you need further help.

PS: That one super dusty MK3.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

In Logic go to Control Surfaces ➡ Setup. Check if your MK3 shows up there and is active...

But even if you fix it, in "Advanced Integration" the Pads don't do anything, (yes, lol... you read it right) it basically just shows a pretty mixer to control Logic's mixer levels and has transport + track selection + a few minor things, basically everything listed here.

If you want to record the Pads then MIDI Mode is what you're looking for. You can also have Transport with MIDI Mode by using the Mackie template (both in Logic and Controller Editor), if this sounds confusing it's because it is, sorry. Let me know if you need further help.

PS: That one super dusty MK3.

• Bruno Jolie
    Bruno Jolie Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

What is "Transport"?

• Allang123
    Allang123 Member Posts: 8 Member

Yes any good tutorials on this anywhere?

Mines collecting dust too! Wishing for a seamless and easy integration between the two.