User preset management?

Blah
Blah Member Posts: 12 Member

So how is one supposed to manage user presets in Guitar Rig?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,034 mod
    edited December 2022

Hello,

you can tag your presets, by selecting them and click on the info (i) button on the bottom of the browser as far as I remember or drag and drop them onto a tag, I would have to check that. You can also create your own tags, by double click in the tag lists on a empty place. About what version we are talking here, gr5 or gr6?

• Blah

GR6. And what happens to those tags when the library is reset or installing on a new system?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,034 mod

You can move your user presets (also from other products) with the user folder, i made a online backup from my user folder. And it automatically gets downloaded to my other computer, or after a reinstall gets downloaded also

• Blah

Okay so I discovered the problem. My presets are imported from GR5. When the library is reset, any tags they were assigned are deleted (including colours), unlike presets created in GR6. For the tags to be retained, they first need to be individually re-saved.

• Blah

Word of caution, colour tags assigned to factory presets will be deleted when the library is reset. Could be argued this should be expected, but there should still be a warning message.