Kontakt factory library 2 won’t install

Mark Oxley
Mark Oxley Member Posts: 123 Helper
edited November 2022 in Native Access

Hi guys,

Just upgraded from komplete standard 12 to 14 standard. Began installing the products on native access and most plugins, apps, software installed as expected but I did encounter a few failed to install errors. I deleted all the iso files from the download folder and any partially installed programs in the content drive and tried re downloading and installing them 1 at a time and most worked second time around. However both the kontakt factory library 2 and noir piano refuse to install correctly. The errors are inconsistent, sometimes I get a failed to download error and other times I get a failed to install error. On checking the relevant installation folders I can see them but the file size is around half what it should be. I’ve tried removing/uninstalling and downloading/reinstalling several times and getting really frustrated now. Never had any problems installing komplete 11 and 12 through NI access so not sure what’s causing this. Is it access or perhaps problems with the server and those particular products? Loads of room on the installation drives. Applications going to the boot drive(nvme m.2, 1tb). Downloads going to another sdd 1tb drive and the content files being installed on an external 1tb ssd drive (usb3)

Windows 10 home, Ryzen 7 2700x, 32gb ram (not overclocked).

Best Answer

• Mark Oxley
    Answer ✓

Yes, everything as it should be now.

Given the number of various issues people are having with Native Access 2 my money is on that but the increased demand could also be partly responsible.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

some ppl has helped to change the download location, create a new folder and set it as download folder, then try again.

• Mark Oxley

I had already done that. The application location is left as default, the download location is on a separate SSD with over 1 tb of space and the contents location is on a brand new 1tb external usb c SSD. I finally got the aforementioned library to fully install yesterday after many attempts and days of trying. There was an obvious issue with either Native Access 2 or possibly the server corrupting the downloads. I had failed downloads with many of the other Komplete 14 products and 4 or 5 other failed installations that eventually installed after 2 or 3 attempts.

• Uwe303

Could also be an issue with a high demand after the black friday sale, so now you've got it all working?

• Mark Oxley
    Answer ✓

Yes, everything as it should be now.

Given the number of various issues people are having with Native Access 2 my money is on that but the increased demand could also be partly responsible.

• Buddy Love
    Buddy Love Member Posts: 9 Member

I have the latest Native Access 2 .. all my path ways are correct, other instruments install correctly But the Kontakt Library 2 wont install correctly .. Evewn when I do a work around by passing NA and installing it from the folder it was downloaded to, and then confirming the location in NA.. Beyond Frustrating..

• Mark Oxley

Took me many attempts to get the same library installed. Very frustrating for a 40gb file. Have you tried deleting the .iso file from the download folder and remove any partial files from the content folder and then Native Access 2 should give you the option to re-download and install again.

• Buddy Love

No I haven't tried that..

Basically NA downloads the content to one of my drives.. Native Access then fails to install.. so I install it the old fashion way assigning the content to the proper folder NA is looking for... Once it is installed I go back into NA and press the Locate button.... it finds the proper pathway and then says success` its installed ... But yet it really isnt... Because when I load Kontakt 7 within my Daw and click on an instrument within Kontakt 7 library 2 .. it gives me that wonderful notification `this instrument belongs to a library that is not installed ... EEESHHHH

• Mark Oxley

I’m convinced the download gets corrupted by something going on with their servers rather than it being an issue with NA2. When I recently upgraded my Komplete package I decided to do a fresh installation of everything and while installing the new version I got quite a few libraries failing to either download or install correctly but after a few attempts choosing 1 at a time rather than queuing them and removing the iso files of the failed installs and any partial content folders relating to those items I got them to install correctly. The Kontact factory library 2 proved to be very annoying but after about the 15th attempt it installed.

• Buddy Love

Geez .. I guess I have something to look forward too LOL... 15 times you say ... man that is just ******..

I havent had issues so much with the download , as I have with NA installing the instrument.. Usally the larger files Like the session guitar stuff.. Always had to do a work around... I`m on the 4th time trying to install KFL2 ..

I`ll keep ya posted ... cheers and Thanks

• Buddy Love

Yep great instruments ... not so good installation

• Uwe303

Have you maybe tried to go back to na1?

• Norihagafan
    Norihagafan Member Posts: 2 Member

It looks like this problem is uniform across all platforms and OS. I have tried unsuccessfully to download the Factory packs 1/2 on numerous occasions "Download Failed" "Download Failed"

I can download everything else apart from the factory packs, this is a major flaw with Kontakt, so I'm sitting here with a piece of software that is only partially installed and not up to the job!!

• Fender2300
    Fender2300 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having these same problems on Windows 10, particularly with the factory libraries. Did anyone find a reliable way to make it through the downloads or the eternal “installing”?