Audio 8 dj with M1 processor

fotassi
fotassi Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I recently buy my macbook pro with M1 chip and when i put my audio 8 dj sound card it doesn't work. and i can't install the drivers from this sound card anymore... Does anyone knows something about this to help me?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

The audio8 has been discontinued a long time ago. It wasn't class compliant and needs drivers. I have an audio8 too and it still works on windows 7 not on Mac OS lol.

Answers

• Wyley
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

The audio8 has been discontinued a long time ago. It wasn't class compliant and needs drivers. I have an audio8 too and it still works on windows 7 not on Mac OS lol.

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor
    edited February 2022

Confirming this on my end also. Let me save anyone else with an M1 the trouble too - the old workarounds to install legacy NI hardware drivers no longer work on Apple silicon Macs.

My i7 Macbook Pro from 2017 still reads all my old gear with that workaround however.

• Wyley

The Audio8 was one of the best sound cards I ever laid my hands on. I was going to use it for donor parts but maybe I give it to my son now I know it can still be used with a work around on my older laptop.

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor

Minus the too-shallow RCA jacks the card was near-perfect. Bus-powered, low latency, and rugged like a 5-year-old Tech12 at a nightclub installation. Before I lugged my NUO4.0 off to storage last month my nephew and I had a scratch using it and the Audio8 I had soldered in, and it still rocked.

Wishing your son many happy sessions on the old A8!

• orinoko
    orinoko Member Posts: 1 Member

After 10? years, my Audio8 has literally got stuck on Vinyl timecode mode today, instead of CD, and the switch has stopped working. Going to take it apart and see if I can fix the switch before replacing...

• Wyley

Looks like you had a good run with it. The one thing I would try first would be to clean the switch first by using a Qtip with some isopropyl alcohol and clean it out.

• phrank
    phrank Member Posts: 15 Member

i just came across the same problem. sometime I'm jealous to the the windows world…

so if i stll want to play vinlys analog and digital, i need to buy a new hardware interface?