Komplete Kontrol window size

mykejb
mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,097 mod
edited December 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Are there any plans to make the KK window resizable. Currently the window take up about 1/3 of the display on my display. Being able to resize it would allow things like the "TYPES" and "CHARACTERS" filters to be use and have more than two presets displayed on the screen. Seems crazy to have so much available space and use a tiny portion of it.

The resizing code is already present in the app as the window resizes to hold the instrument interface when you load a preset so why not just enable it for normal resizing

-- Mike

Comments

• KNGMAO
    KNGMAO Member Posts: 4 Member

Big bump. The lack of resizing of browser windows is the single most infuriating aspect of this software (and Kontakt).

SO

MUCH

TINY

SCROLLING

• MrVincent
    MrVincent Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

The lack of resizing of browser windows is very frustrating. I can't resize at all need help. I updated to 12Pro having issues.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro

How would that work? To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong), DAW's can't resize plugin windows either.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,097 mod

A lot of VSTs have resizable windows, for example the Arturia plugins.

When you load a plugin into KK the window resizes to accomodate the plugin, so it should be straightforward to resize the window by other means (dragging the corner, selecting a size etc)

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 124 Helper

Does resizing the plug-in within the Komplete Kontrol software (if the plug-in supports resizing) not change the size of the Komplete Kontrol window? Closing the browser section is something I often did that helps.

• Adiemus
    Adiemus Member Posts: 7 Member

There used to be a way to change the "min-height" and "default-height" by editing these files [1]:

/Applications/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/Komplete Kontrol.app/Contents/Resources/skin/stylesheets/Komplete/KK/BrowserPanel.txt

/Applications/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/Komplete Kontrol.app/Contents/Resources/skin/stylesheets/Komplete/KK/KPI.txt

But MacOS Ventura security now prevents opening modified apps ("app is damaged and can't be opened") so this workaround doesn't work anymore, at least without going through either a lot of hassle (I suppose re-signing and re-notarizing the app) or disabling MacOS security leaving the system vulnerable to malware...

But it's only a couple of values, what I'm wondering is why Native Instruments won't just let us please change these values as preferences?

[1] https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/guide-custom-window-size-for-komplete-kontrol.349841/

• Adiemus

OK I found a solution to make MacOS Ventura run the Komplete Kontrol app with a bigger interface (see my previous comment)

Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Developer Tools, then add the modified Komplete Kontrol app to the list so that MacOS Ventura allows running it.

It seems to only work if you have a single app named Komplete Kontrol on the system, so you can't leave a local copy.

• Peterizzer
    Peterizzer Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi guys newbie question, I went here :

/Applications/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/Komplete Kontrol.app/Contents/Resources/skin/stylesheets/Komplete/KK/BrowserPanel.txt

/Applications/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/Komplete Kontrol.app/Contents/Resources/skin/stylesheets/Komplete/KK/KPI.txt

but what do I need to change to get the app bigger is it font or main panel there's so much categories I don't know where to start unfortunately .

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Kritikal Kondition.

• Peterizzer
    Peterizzer Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

ok then what I know about KK and browser panel but what is it I need to change and modify ?

• Adiemus

You can increase the "min-height" and "default-height" values so that they better fit your preferences and monitor's height.

• AdlerBrayan
    AdlerBrayan Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Enabling resizable windows can provide users with more flexibility and allow for better utilization of available screen space, as you rightly pointed out. It is possible that the developers may consider implementing this feature in future updates based on user feedback and the overall usability of the application.

• Stephen Howe
    Stephen Howe Member Posts: 5 Member

Big bump. When you can't close the preferences screen in KK because the window isn't big enough it's shamefully poor UX and development.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Doesnt the pref screen popup as a floating window?

Must be a mac issue, haven't seen that problem before