VST2 (Full Kontakt 7)?

Winknotes
Winknotes Member Posts: 5 Member

I can't seem to find a clear answer to whether there's a VST2 version of full Kontakt 7. I have a library that required full Kontakt so I bought it but since I'm hosting plugins in VEPro so I can take advantage of MIR Pro3D, I can't use it because VEPro only supports VST2 at this time.

Steve

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is none and there won't be any.

NI, like many other companies, are transitioning away from VST2 as this is a discontinued technology. Even Steinberg, who is the creator of the VST plugin standard, started to drop VST2 support in its own products.

Better contact the creators of VEPro and ask them if there are any plans on supporting VST3.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

K7 is vst 3

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is none and there won't be any.

NI, like many other companies, are transitioning away from VST2 as this is a discontinued technology. Even Steinberg, who is the creator of the VST plugin standard, started to drop VST2 support in its own products.

Better contact the creators of VEPro and ask them if there are any plans on supporting VST3.

• Winknotes
    Winknotes Member Posts: 5 Member

They are working on it but don't currently have it. So until then I'm stuck running Kontakt on it's own and won't be able to integrate with my convolution reverb.