Native Access 3.0.1 Installation Failed OSX

nsk_nyc
nsk_nyc Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hello there, I am having trouble installing/updating items through NA. I have given full disk access, rebooted after giving permission. Upgraded from Monterey to Ventura, and nothing. I have 64 items still on the list, and 1.1TB of space on my external SSD.

Is there a way to just download the iso's and skip the whole process? The iso's only stay in my ~/Downloads folder while NA attempts to install, then they disappear. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

C.G

Best Answers

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@nsk_nyc Have you also given Full Disk Access to the NTKDaemon? You can find it here:

If the NTKDaemon is not listed, click the symbol to add it from this folder:

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK

• nsk_nyc

Hello Jeremy, thank you for your reply. I had also give ntkdaemon.app full disk access as well.

Thanks Again,

C G

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Is the external hard drive formatted to APFS? Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

What you could also try is this (as Ventura is not yet supported and some issues are related to external drives):

Try to install on the default location: Macintosh HD > Users > Shared

Then move the files following those steps: Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer

Is that working for you?

• nsk_nyc

I'll attempt to install the remaining on shared. As I mentioned before, this issue comes since Monterey. I upgraded to Ventura with hopes the issue would be resolved. I'm usually behind one release before upgrading.

• nsk_nyc
    edited December 2022

"Try to install on the default location: Macintosh HD > Users > Shared"

Perfect! Installed to shared and moved to external.

"Is the external hard drive formatted to APFS?"

No, my external was formated ExFat.

I'm not sure why this issue arose. I have 14 UCE, and left a couple out. Recently, there were some updates that failed but upon successive attempts they finally worked. I switched to another SSD incase, and same issue. All installations aftewards just failed. As a last resort, I upgraded to Ventura but still nothing.

Thank you for your help Jeremy.

Greatly appreciated,

C G

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@nsk_nyc Make sure to format your external drive to APFS, ExFat is known for a lot of issues with Kontakt on a Mac.

• nsk_nyc

Thanks for the headsup. I'll see how i'll move the 1.2 tb temporarily haha.