Understanding Guitar Rig chain

Marcabru
Marcabru Member Posts: 6 Member

Hello. I've loaded a preset called Creamy Snowflakes, and I'm looking at it, wondering what the various things do. In particular I noticed two instances of Cat.

Both are immediately after instances of Psyche Delay; both have the stereo symbol engaged. So I'm guessing they are there to re-stereo the signal from Psyche which I gather is output as mono.

OK, if I've understood thus far. However, the first instance of Cat is powered off. Is that intentional? Can the re-stereoizing (!) function in this case? If not, why is Cat there?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

on this case they used an A/B splitter to divide left and right, so one psyche/cat/raum chain is left the second is right - set in the lower split mix device, those vertical green lines also help to understand what's going on. If you use it as insert,by the way, it can be helpful to lower all mix knobs to 1/4 or even lower, this effect is really hot/pronounced.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

on this case they used an A/B splitter to divide left and right, so one psyche/cat/raum chain is left the second is right - set in the lower split mix device, those vertical green lines also help to understand what's going on. If you use it as insert,by the way, it can be helpful to lower all mix knobs to 1/4 or even lower, this effect is really hot/pronounced.

• Marcabru
    Marcabru Member Posts: 6 Member

Thanks Uwe