HYPHA - the wonderful free instrument fro N I ! But had an issue with Kontakt.

Andrew Norton
Andrew Norton Member Posts: 2 Member

I saw it demonstrated on YouTube and downloaded it the same day. The download went OK and I installed it with NI Access. However it didn't show up in my Kontakt The Free Player. Puzzled, I went back to NI's instructions which said to open Kontakt 7. At first, I ignored that because I don't have K7, just the Free Player.

Despite this, my DAW lists K7 as being available. So OK, I thought, I'll give it a try and BINGO it opened with HYPHA in the coloured libraries list. How, I don't know.

As usual with these things, you can't drag the whole of Hypha into the playing area in one go, but must click the word 'Instruments' under the leafy Hypha library picture. This opens up a list of over 30 instruments. which you drag one at a time across to the playing area. Or of course you can drag several across, one at a time, to form a stack of them.

All of this must be second nature to more experienced Kontakt users, but it might help some greenies, like me.

The main thing is that HYPHA is just incredible and incredible that it's free. Thank you NI!

Andrew, England, UK

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi Andrew, the current Kontakt Player is Kontakt 7, so you probable own that already. Glad to hear you like it!

• Tremblaze
    Tremblaze Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited December 2022

I think I'm having the same issue - I'm running Kontakt 6 and Hypha is not getting added to my library, despite being installed on my PC. I can't use Kontakt 7 because my graphics card doesn't support the required Direct 3D 11.1 

• Giovanni Turco
    Giovanni Turco Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Ho installato Hypha con N.I. , prima ho installato Kontakt Player 7 gratuito, ma Hypha non si è aperto bene. Ho visto che i GB non erano tutti e forse è per questo che non funziona. Ho provato a reinstallare Hypha ma non me lo fa reinstallare, il download fallisce sempre e non so perchè.