Feature requests for Traktor Pro 3

2Β»

Comments

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor

I agree, I actually would be the type to rip a record, de-pop it, normalize and edit all the tags, then import to Traktor and put in a couple dozen cue points labeled like "8 bars to chorus" and "fade out before the swears here".

The issue as always with wanting features on a piece of software is you can't please everyone. You want fine labeled cue points? Someone will complain there's a big piece of the deck taken away to scroll the label. You want elastic beatgrids? Someone will complain it's on (or off) by default. You want vertical waveforms? Someone will complain his crossfader is too low on the screen. I think NI and Traktor team in particular have done well getting a good read of what people want, and the software will do what 95% of DJs need to do, very handily. These little debated feature points are what get it from good to great, even if someone ends up butthurt in the process.

I think we can all agree however, the flickering needs to GO.

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

It's validity is not what I'm questioning but how is it used. I imagine someone who did all that work is using 4 decks mixing having to stare at the laptop for situational awareness in order to mix. Or I imagine that all the work is done in traktor so one can sit back and have a drink cause everything is scripted (which would suit me). Or maybe the tracks in certain genres are 7-10 min long and that info is needed to weed out the repetitive and boring parts.🀣

That's the impression I get when I ask.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

And what's wrong with any of that? Who says nobody should be able to do that? There are other benefits than the ones you don't like :)

I mean, you posted in here because you didn't think better cue point control should be added (because of your above-mentioned reasons, because you think it promotes a way of using the program, or perhaps of DJing, that you don't agree with, right?). So you are in fact questioning the validity of the wish. That's not necessarily meant as a rebuke in principle, it's just an observation (I do disagree, but that doesn't mean the observation is wrong).

I just wanted to add that with the cue point labels, there is unused space in the UI available for them on those colored pads :)

• TeLLy

LOL sure @wayfinder but I'm closer to 60 than I am to 20 and my poor eyes have it bad enough LOL! Would be cool to see a popup of the next cue point at a presettable number of bars before. Would actually eliminate a bunch of my own "warning" cue points. Like "Cue point 16 (breakdown) in 8...7...6...5...". The beats to next cue feature on the deck header is pretty OK for this but if you need something to flash in your face like I do sometimes....

This thread may degrade into a wish list that no one will take too seriously. But it's been a while since I've had a good b**ch session about Traktor LOL.

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

@wayfinder

I never said anything was wrong with any of that, nobody should do that or anybody's style of djing should be what I think it should beπŸ˜• I even went as far as trying to give adhoc solutions for now because eventually some of these things that are being requested will naturally come.

Nothing wrong with being curious about how people are djing and nothing wrong with posting my impressions because I actually asked. BTW the pic you posted shows your track is +7min. Am I wrong with the third point of my impression from the post you quoted me on?

Actually I'm waiting for the first person to jump in saying how all this affects their creativity so I can troll them, if anything. 😜

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

@Wyley you listen to the track and tell me whether it's boring ya ;)

• TeLLy

I just realized the main reason I would want more than 8 hot cues and more detailed labels for my tracks. Scratch sentences. Also don't judge but I cut (badly) with a rip of the Samuel L Jackson "Say what again" dialogue in Pulp Fiction and I have like 12 cues on that track.

• Wyley
    edited February 2022
  • Wyley

I can’t judge πŸ‘¨β€βš–οΈ people for wanting these as they are available to me and I use them. My deck also plays tracks with elastic grids and Engine DJ imports playlists and cues from Traktor.

You can see how creative one can be with labeling and colouring cues and how these can be fun and useful features 😝 . (A 10 minute track lol) Traktor seems to be the last of the bunch in some of these areas for sure.

• DJ Jovani
    DJ Jovani Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I desperately need to sort tracks by descending order, please NI, add this feature :)

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 152 Pro

I wish we all get our request and wishes from NI team when it comes to Traktor Pro 3 or Traktor Pro 4. My basic wish right now is that the implementation of the elastic beat grid is on the lines of how it was done in Deckadance DJ and not like the other DJ Programs. You will have to try a demo of Deckadance to see what I am talking about. I hope someone from the development team tries it out also to see the difference. Stems well just copy what Virtual DJ has done so far; Vocals, instruments, kicks, Base, hi hats. I think it is much better than Serato DJ. It has 5 levels of separation compared to 4 in Serato DJ separation: Vocals, Melody, Bass or Drums. Makes for a clearer acapella. Recommended tracks like in Traktor DJ 2 this should be easy. You already did it in Traktor DJ 2.

PS.

1. Pitch 'n time - Like Serato DJ
    2. Effects - Like Deckadance Frequency isolated FX (low/mid/high)
    3. Gross Beat - Like Deckadance (8 user defined FX per deck with integrated editor. Programmable and automated glitch, stutter & scratch functions)
    4. Video recordings of your mix - Like Virtual DJ
    5. Wave form like Engine DJ/Rekordbox DJ with color specific for stems 4 or 5 color base on the level of stem separation.
    6. And of course, new hardware to match the updated software.
  • Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited March 2023

Hi all, friendly reminder that we have an ideas section where you can drop your suggestion and get people to vote on your idea. Please create a new post there instead and make sure there's one feature suggestion per post just in case. See you there! πŸ˜ƒ

This discussion has been closed.