Kontakt 7 crashes Logic when I try to do multiple outputs for drums

ChampionBot
ChampionBot Member Posts: 17 Member

Hey legends

I want to rout multiple outputs for 40's very own drums (or any drums for that matter) from Kontakt 7 so each drum is going to a seperate track in Logic. I click on the icon at the top of Kontakt to open 'Outputs' then i click the drop down and select 'Factory', then 'Mono 16x'. It opens the 16 mono outputs within Kontakt which is sweet. Then as soon as I click literally anything inside Kontakt after that, it crashes instantly and crashes Logic along with it.

Am I doing anything wrong?

M1 MBP 2021 (Rosetta) 16gb, 4tb SSD

OS Monterey 12.5

Komplete 14 Collectors edition

Komplete Kontrol S61

Best Answer

• shockratees
    shockratees Member Posts: 6 Member
    Answer ✓

The support team emailed me to try setting up the 16 multiple outputs before opening the 40's Very Own patchkit. I did this, and it worked. I emailed them back to let them know. I still wonder why the person on the tutorial video can do it without the pre-setup, though?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Well, on the 40"s Very Own Drums you don't have the option to route the sounds to different outputs. For other drum libraries you can do that, like for the Abbey ROad series you can, follow the steps here:

How Can I Use my DRUMMER Product with Multi-Outputs in KONTAKT ?

How to Route KONTAKT to Multiple Outputs in Logic Pro X

• ChampionBot

Hi Jeremy

Thats interesting, because the way I discovered multiple output routing is from an official NI youtube video showing how to do it with 40's very own drums. Here's the video. https://youtu.be/cANXrimv8C8

Also with the instructions you mentioned, I follow that exact process in the first link and after I create the multiple outputs, as soon as i click anything afterwards it crashes as I mentioned.

I also followed the instructions in the second link and got all the way to creating the 16 tracks in the Logic mixer. As soon as I hit a key to monitor the signal was working in its designated track, Kontakt crashed Logic instantly, same as before.

This is clearly a problem with output routing.

• ChampionBot

I tried creating the outputs before loading the instrument and it seemed to let me get one step further where I could click the keys and hear the sounds after creating 16 mono outputs. However as soon as I clicked the KIT tab to route them to the individual tracks, it crashed :(

• ChampionBot
    edited December 2022

I also tried doing it in Logic without running Rosetta and got the error "An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro."

Tried it with Studio Drummer and it actually seemed to work. Got the individual drums to their own tracks and could playback and monitor them. Then changed to 40's and crashed again. Then went back to Rosetta and tried exact same process with Studio drummer again and it crashed.

• ChampionBot

Ok so I have tried 10 different random instruments in Kontakt to test this out and every single one of them crashes Kontakt and Logic instantly as soon as i click anything within logic after creating multiple outputs.

So it seems no matter what i load, I click outputs, presets/batch configuration, factory, mono x16 and instant crash.

Anybody? Have sent in a ticket to NI still waiting for a response.

• Jeremy_NI

Well, I wasn't aware of that feature in 40's Very On Drums, you are right, there is a routing option for all the drums sounds and it's actually simpler than in previous drum libraries. If you encounter crashes while following these steps, then you did the right thing contacting our support. Hopefully my colleagues can sort it out.

• Kami E.
    Kami E. Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi Championbot ,

could you solve your problem ?

I 've got the same issue here too with my mac system.

• ChampionBot

Nope. Still happening as there's no fix. Trying to arrange a video call with support to go through it but with the time difference it is proving quite difficult. Im in AUS

• shockratees
    shockratees Member Posts: 6 Member

I'm having the same problem today after upgrading to Kontakt 7 and found your thread. I was working in standalone mode and watching a NI video to make sure I knew all the new features for 7, and every time I set the multi outs, Kontakt crashed the minute I clicked on anything else in the instrument. So it's not fixed and I have the latest update.

• ChampionBot

Yep, still happening. What's annoying is the guy on the NI video does it with zero issues. How does that work lol

• amazingbill
    amazingbill Member Posts: 1 Member

Same exact thing happened here after following the steps from the same video from NI. Please keep us posted if they ever get back to you with a fix!

• ChampionBot

Still no love.

last correspondence from NI was that they now claim this is a “known issue” and there isn’t a fix yet. They closed my ticket and said an update will happen when it’s fixed.

so, how does he do it on that video with no issues then? Becoming pretty ridiculous, really.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey all, I've got some feedback on the issue. It's in the backlog of the Kontakt team, they really want to fix it but it's a complicated issue and they already have a lot on their hands at the moment. We'll keep you posted.

• ChampionBot

Thanks for the update mate.

Any reason why the instructional video does it with ease but for some reason others can’t?

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Using Cubase, then mentions 3 other DAWS, but never Logic.