Maschine plus pad problem

MatiMac
MatiMac Member Posts: 6 Member

Hello everyone, I want to tell you about my experience buying maschine plus. I've used the maschine mk3 for quite some time and the pads are amazing. Then I decided to buy maschine plus since I wouldn't need to use the computer.

The problems started when pad 1 in maschine plus had a different texture than the other pads, it was rough, it seemed loose and its sensitivity was totally different from the others. I took it to the store and they told me they will ask for the NI guarantee to see what they say.

Has anyone experienced something similar? How is the NI warranty? I live in Germany and I hope the response from NI is quick. Or should I ask for my money back?

Tagged:

Comments

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

No, my pads are good.

I would my M+ have to be exchanged ASAP. A long holiday period with (what is to be expected) limited service resources is near.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

My M+ Pads also all feel the same. Yeah I would ask the store for a new unit right away.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Occasionally, people get faulty units, can happen with any product.

How is the NI warranty?

I live in Germany and I hope the response from NI is quick. Or should I ask for my money back?

NI like all other companies has to follow your country warranty laws, since you're in Germany it's EU laws, they cant just do whatever they want. You have 14 days to return anything you buy, no questions asked, especially in stores, it's your right... aswell as a 2 year warranty. In the US it's only 1 year for example.

So, get it sorted with the store before those 14-days or else you cannot return it and to have the problem fixed you might be forced to ship your unit to NI, wait for it to be fixed and returned to you.

BTW it's holiday season so NI responding will be slower than usual.