How about a "Locate all" function in Native Access?

QWER2580
QWER2580 Member Posts: 9 Member

All of my libraries are on another drive. It'd be sweet if when you reinstall, you only need to click once for the installer to find all of my software by pointing to a root folder. Right now it still looks like you're sitting there manually pointing to each plugin in Komplete for an hour or two.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

A locate all function is in the backlog. It will come in a future update.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

If you change your organisation of your libraries to one drive it's possible.

There is no AI inside of NA which can read your mind to use different drives.

• QWER2580

Yeah duhhh... when you locate pre-installed plugins you need to do it one by one. Clicking on each one at a time.

It would be very easy for NI to include a feature for Native Access to look for the libraries for all of your plugins in a folder you point to only once, not a hundred times like you now have to do.

I mean, Kontakt already does this. You can just tell it to read through your library folder and all of your Kontakt libraries show up automatically. You don't need AI and definitely not reading anyone's mind for this, simple scripting will do.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

A locate all function is in the backlog. It will come in a future update.

• QWER2580
  • sunbambino
    sunbambino Member Posts: 15 Member

Could we please, please PLEASE have this Relocate All function

• sunbambino

Jeremy, could you update us on this?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

When they say “is planned. It will come in a future update”…sit down and start relaxing…a loooot 😂

• Jeremy_NI

@sunbambino @LostInFoundation It is in the backlog, there are just a lot the developers plate and there is no defined date to share at the moment. I believe there will be a dev talk this Thursday about Native Access and it's future and Hayo will share more insight.

• sunbambino

Jeremy, I appreciate the update n look forward to hearing Hayo's news, plz keep us posted.

• electro rocket
    electro rocket Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Bump! I fresh install my OS every year or two and this is the worst part! Please!

• orionvalencia
    orionvalencia Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Well, it's August and we still don't have it. I also format my OS drive every year or so and this is a nightmare, having to "locate" each library for hours. Please make this a reality 😭

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited August 2023

As I said, sit down and start relaxing. “We still don’t have it” makes no sense. Even if they say “it’s in the backlog”, don’t expect it to come in the order of months. With NI I would be already happy if it will come before next year…thing that I doubt

• DBMC
    DBMC Member Posts: 1 Member

This makes no sense! I had to reinstall Windows. All libraries (209) were/are on external hard drive in one folder named NI_libraries Native Access 2 requires that I either:

1) Reinstall everything, including re-download. It is automated but long duration and wastes bandwidth

OR

2) "Locate" each specific drive for each product

"Relocate All" is only available after you reinstall or relocate each folder individually.

Why is this simple fix to scan the from the parent directory through the children and re-register "Relocate" everything?

• Fritz von Flotow
    Fritz von Flotow Member Posts: 2 Member

Absolutely! Fix this, as it is an absolute nightmare to have to go to my huge library manual one by one!