Traktor 3 Scratch - DJM 900 NXS - Phono input not supported

Hi Guys,

I have been using Traktor Scratch control for 10 years now but lately my typical Dj set up is not working anymore.

Set up :

Mac Book Os Big Sur 11.6.8 / Traktor v3.6.0 325 pro full license / Pioneer Set up utility v4.01

Connected USB to a Pioneer DJM 900 nexus (last firmware) / 2 Vinyls Technics SL 1210 playing newly bought MK2 vinyls

I am struggling with the following issue :

The pioneer utility recognize the mixer showing "connected" and is correctly configured (Input phono / output USB 1 and 4) - the LED on the DJM900 is green showing that's connected.

When I play vinyls the preference pane of Traktor indicate Phono Input : not supported

The green LED on channel 1 and 4 of the DJM900 are off.

Traktor has access to the microphone of the computer, has explained in another discussion.

I can play music using internal control but the scratch control using the vinyl signal is not recognized. The 2 scratch mode are blurred. The track selector is in Scratch mode. DJM 900 nexus is a certified controller.

I have been searching the NI and Pioneer forms without any chance.

Your help is much needed.

Many thanks in advance

-----------

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro
    edited August 2022

Have you checked the Control Tone in the Pioneer Utility is correctly set on PHONO?

Edit: there is maybe an issue with your safety and privacy setting on your macOS. Check in Settings if there is everything ok with the Driver from Pioneer.

• TomDaCat
    TomDaCat Member Posts: 4 Member

Thank you

I checked both.

Control tone phono and setting of the computer giving Traktor access to the microphone.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

it seems like everything is set up correctly. I'm sorry that I can't help you right away. check the pioneer page to see if there is a firmware update or newer drivers for macOS Big Sur.

If I were you, I would uninstall the driver again and then reinstall it. you can find an article about it on pioneer. there is certainly also in other languages.

https://support.pioneerdj.com/hc/de/articles/4700781627161--macOS-Big-Sur-Wichtiger-Hinweis-zur-Installation-der-Treibersoftware

• TomDaCat

Thank you very much. I'm going to use Google Translate.

That looks like something I didn't try. Finger crossed

• djmichaelwenz
    djmichaelwenz Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2022

I am having the same issue on Mojave with a DJM900, Just bought a Tractor License Last week. I have to change the inputs from line back to phono with the utility and it will work till you close it all again. Super lame tho... I am going to try some more to see if I can figure it out.

POST A FIX IF YOU GOT ONE

• djmichaelwenz
    djmichaelwenz Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2022

Not much on the internet about this. I am happy it still works when you swap from line to phono but its annoying

• TomDaCat

Thank you very much for sharing.

I'll give it a try. Hope it works... It's better than nothing.

As DJM 900 nexus production stopped, I suppose Native instruments and Pioneer didn't bother update the driver and Traktor to match with Newest versions of the OS.