GR6 and basic MIDI foot controller

fpichon
fpichon Member Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi,

I can't use my RG2 anymore with GR5 with the new OS Monterey. So I purchased GR6 and a MP-500 from Harley Benton (same as TS Melaudio). Sound and Audio part is OK. The interface is connected thru USB to my MAC. But I don't know how to affect the switches of the interface, with the "Learn MIDI function" of the GR6 (only used in standalone version). The interface is recognized by the computer. Footswiches A, B, C are selecting my 3 presets.

Any idea of how to configure the pedalboard as I want ? I d't know anything about MIDI programminG.

Thank you very much

Best Answer

Answers

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro

Hello,

Is the MP-500 enabled as a MIDI-in device within GR6? The device state should be set to on before MIDI learn can actually work.

Grtz,

Wouter

• fpichon

Hello,

Yes it is in GR6 "preferences".

Thanks for your answer Wouter.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Answer ✓

@fpichon , maybe you can try the following tool (I assume you're using a Mac) https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/ After installation you should be able to select the MP-500 as a MIDI source and verify if MIDI events are being processed.

Grtz,

Wouter

• fpichon

Thank you very much. Yes it looks like working, when I press my 8 footswitches one after one :(

• fpichon

I'm nearly GOOD !!!! I changed the interface preset to "user1", and I can asign footswiches to GR6 buttons, with LEAN MIDI Control.

Thanks for your support, I was nearly quitting and returning the interface to Thom... :)

Now last problem (And that's because I'm a fool with MIDI messages) my footswitches are only saying on or off (problem for tap tempo for example...). I guess I have to try changing (in the interface programming) "program change" to "control change" or something like that ?

• Wouter De Muynck

Correct, I’m using control change messages to change MIDI parameters with different CC values. Just play around with that and I should work out fine. Good luck and have fun 😊

• Martin Plouffe
    Martin Plouffe Member Posts: 2 Member

wow is great.... I have 2 questions: 1- Is GT Rig 6 compatible with Mainstage 3 I have a midi foot controller Roland FC-200 it transmits midi messages but not the right ones. 2- Is it possible to make presets to play Live either with Mainstage or directly with GT Rig 6. Tks Mart