Kontakt opens/glitches as a small window briefly before opening normally in Logic

calvinmarkus
calvinmarkus Member Posts: 3 Member

I started getting this behavior after I reset the Application location in Native Access (which was showing me an error, so I followed steps to fix it).

It flashes this window briefly almost as a stutter, glitch effect then opens the main window. Kontakt still runs fine once it's open, but it's a bit jarring and I'm hoping to fix this. I tried reinstalling Kontakt but no luck.

The behavior doesn't happen when I run Logic with Rosetta, however I prefer not to run it with Rosetta.

I'm using a Mac Studio Ultra, Logic 10.7.5, Ventura, Kontakt 7.0

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

This issue should be fixed with the latest version of Kontakt (7.1.3).

Answers

• LiFLiN
    LiFLiN Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2022

I think I got this problem too. I am on Windows 10. When I open and closes it its a tiny lag behind as you describe. Tried it on Ableton too and still the same problem. The picture shows when I close the plugin, it blinks this for less than a second

• calvinmarkus

Interesting. I'm wondering if I uninstall and reinstall Kontakt if that would help.. but worried that would somehow add new problems since I have a bunch of libraries already installed. Have you tried that?

• LiFLiN
    LiFLiN Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2022

Have only tried too reinstall and search around internet if its a known thing or not, but had no luck

Edit: Tried to Uninstall and install again on windows. Still same problem

• calvinmarkus
    edited December 2022

Are you on Ventura? I realized this is happening with any non-stock instrument. Happens with Spitfire and Synplant too. Is it only Native Inst for you?

Edit Nvm you said you're on Windows. hmm

• DeltaJockey
    DeltaJockey Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2022

I've had this happen for quite some time in Logic. It's only for a few seconds while it finishes loading. I don't think anything of it, as once the load is finished all is good. I just thought it was part of interface initialising.

It just seems like the code is running in a scripting window before the graphics are applied.

I think it's more obvious depending on what are plugins are being loaded in the project to, which may slow the refresh update before it finishes.

I seem to remember it being more pronounced after a major Logic Pro update.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

This issue should be fixed with the latest version of Kontakt (7.1.3).

• Truth42
    Truth42 Member Posts: 13 Member

Still got this issue and I've just installed 7.1.8.

Sometimes the large 'proper' window refuses to open at all. I have to close the smaller window that appears and open it several times to get the large window.

And you're correct: this doesn't happen in Rosetta. Very irritating.